21 June 2014 | florida
15 June 2014 | Florida
14 June 2014 | Melbourne Florida
19 May 2014 | Marathon to Vero Beach Florida
17 April 2014 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
12 April 2014 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
01 March 2014 | Puerto MoralesMexico
27 February 2014 | Cozumel, Mexico
27 February 2014 | Bahia de la Ascencion, Mexico
26 February 2014 | Cayo Norte, Mexico
25 February 2014 | Xcala, Mexico
24 February 2014 | Belize
19 February 2014 | Caye Caulker, Belize
19 February 2014 | Caye Caulker, Belize
17 February 2014 | Bluefield Range, Belize
16 February 2014 | Colson Cays, Belize
15 February 2014 | Blue Ground Range, Belize
11 February 2014 | Sapodilla Lagoon, Belize
11 February 2014 | Sapodilla Lagoon, Belize
10 February 2014 | Placencia, Belize

Hello Mexico

25 February 2014 | Xcala, Mexico
At 0915 hrs, we pulled anchor and headed out of San Pedro pass saying good-bye to Ambegris Cay and Belize. There were shallow spots heading to the yellow buoy but again, with the captain's creative maneuvering, we made it out safely through. Outside the entrance, 3 ft seas greeted us as we motored away from the 2 reefs guarding the pass entrance.

The day was a fantastic day of sailing. With a broad reach, we sailed until it was time to enter again, another tiny bar. The swell to Xcala, Mexico was tiny compared to the one at Bahia del Sol in El Salvador and the one at San Pedro pass. The holding in the anchorage itself was pretty bad so we had to re- anchor. A catamaran came later on and they told us that the grassy part is where you should anchor because it's softer. John (SV Contento) dove to his anchor to manually reset it. We left behind SV Second Wind who we thanked profusely for the awesome waypoints he provided and SV Happy Feets who decided to stay another night at Ambegris Cay.

A 30 minute squall came by with rain and some wind a few hours ago but now, the anchorage is quite peaceful.

Yesterday, Steve replaced the regulator (the one that came with the engine before we became power hogs) and it seems to be working fine. The belt in the alternator seems to be staying put but the autopilot is making squeaky noises.

Tomorrow is a long day to Cayo Norte - this is a reef about 40 some miles away. We're raising anchor at 0645hrs and departing at 0700 hrs. Thanks to everyone's prayers and good karma. The weather is perfect and we cannot ask for more.

Love, Angel, Marie and Steve
Comments
Vessel Name: SABEN
Vessel Make/Model: Cumulant 38
Hailing Port: Seattle, Washington USA
About: Steve, Marie and Angel Hoiland
Extra: We're finally retired! What do we do now?

SV SABEN

Port: Seattle, Washington USA