sailboat Argonauta

10 August 2018 | Taormina
26 June 2018 | Syracuse
23 June 2018 | Riposto Sicily
23 October 2016 | Santorini Greece
19 October 2016 | Mykanos and Ios
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
26 August 2016 | Dirou Peloponnese
25 August 2016
22 August 2016 | kitres
22 August 2016 | Kalamata
22 August 2016 | Methoni
22 August 2016 | Pilos
22 August 2016 | Katakolon
22 August 2016 | Zackinthos
13 August 2016 | Kastos

So the journey begins....

15 June 2012 | Cowes Isle of Wight
Jackie
So the journey begins....

Well having left Fambridge and spent 2 cheeky nights on a mooring on the Crouch at Burnham (free I hasten to add as no one came looking for money), waiting for a weather window we have now really started the adventure. The plan was to sail to Dover, anchor in the harbour for the night then on to the Isle of Wight. However with fair (if only slight) winds we reached Dover in good time, the forecast was looking dodgy for late Thurs, Fri/Sat so we decided to push on and beat the bad weather. After warnings from the met office of showers, thundery at times, we actually sailed on through the night and into the morning, which saw us off the coast of Brighton/ Hove (We waved to Pete's brother and family in case they were looking but somehow doubt it).
Taking turns to stay awake (Pete actually only had a total of 1 1/2 hours sleep!!) we continued through a fantastic sun rise and into a day with blue sky, occassional clouds and good wind blowing us down towards the Isle of Wight and NO RAIN!!! Result!

We arrived in Cowes at about 1400 hrs - not bad about 32 hours from Burnham to Cowes. We found a visitor pontoon on the river just opposite the UK sailing association school, moored up had a quick hot meal then fell into bed for a couple of hours sleep.
Friday saw blue sky but lot of wind. We decided a lazy day in Cowes was called for. Got ready, called the water taxi and as we stepped on board the long expected rain fell in torrents soaking us to the skin. Typical all that way in our foul weather gear and just as we think we are safe- splosh - down it comes and no oilies in sight. Still had a good mooch around and then back to boat for some general maintenance and sewing - got to mend Pete's jacket as he somehow tried ripping the sleave off- its not that warm yet!

So.. our journey has begun. No funnies this time, just good sailing, good company and hope for warmer climes soon.

Vessel Name: Argonauta
Vessel Make/Model: Gibsea422
Hailing Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK
Crew: Pete & Jackie Jackson
About:
Pete & Jackie Jackson Have given up the rat race for a while to step off earth to explore the world. Jackie has left her job as manager of a care home. Whilst Pete has worked in the photo industry for 27 years. Exploring the chalenges & changes that digital images have brought. [...]
Extra: www.argonauta.co.uk REMEMBER. In the end it's not the years in your life that count, its the life in your years.
Home Page: http://www.argonauta.co.uk/

Argonauta

Who: Pete & Jackie Jackson
Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK