sailboat Argonauta

10 August 2018 | Taormina
26 June 2018 | Syracuse
23 June 2018 | Riposto Sicily
23 October 2016 | Santorini Greece
19 October 2016 | Mykanos and Ios
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
26 August 2016 | Dirou Peloponnese
25 August 2016
22 August 2016 | kitres
22 August 2016 | Kalamata
22 August 2016 | Methoni
22 August 2016 | Pilos
22 August 2016 | Katakolon
22 August 2016 | Zackinthos
13 August 2016 | Kastos

07 September 2012
Pete
Cala Llonga to Cala Portinax
We left Cala Llonga after breakfasting ashore and buying a few supplies including water. The winds were again light but sufficient to sail gently up passed St Eulaia where we could see the marina and fort on top of the hill. We rounded a small un-inhabited island covered in Cormorants and shags all drying their wings in the sun. Then up to Cala Cana.
This is a bit of a tourist town, which we had stayed in about 3 years previously and we wanted to see what it was like in season as last time we were here it was the end of October and most of the places were shut. We Anchored in the bay over clear white sand with only 0.6Mtrs showing on the echo sounder. But on snorkelling off the back we could see we had just about 2mtrs between the bottom of the hull and the sand. Through out the afternoon we were surrounded by yellow pedelos as people from the beach came out to see this lone yacht anchored, but by 6pm we were left alone. As the water was so calm and clear we took the opportunity to wipe the whole hull over and remove any growth which was slight the fishes seemed to like this and came around in droves as we rubbed over the hull underwater.
We went ashore and wandered passed the bars & cafés that last time had been shut. Jackie remembered that there had been a Hippy market up one of the roads leading out of town so we went to see if it was still there. Only to find it was only open on Wednesdays. Back to town we purchased a few supplies in the small supermarket then went back out to the boat.
It proved to be a noisy night. All the bars seemed to have there own entertainment, and the hotels not to be out done also added to the cacophony of sound coming from the shore. Most annoying of all was the hotel playing bingo this had to be the longest game of bingo ever! Numbers were shouted out in four languages ( British, German, French & Italian) each several times over with prompt that they were playing 'Bingo Bongo'. We think the game was still going on as we turned in at 23:45 the sounds didn’t stop till at least 04:30am.
Next morning we decided whilst the bay was lovely we couldn’t stand another hight of 'Bingo Bongo' so sailed for Cala St Vincent.
This was around another magnificent headland with gulls and other sea birds tucked in on the high cliffs. It's amazing how the plastic world of holiday tat can be located close to such fantastic natural beauty, but I am sure most visitors never see it.
Slightly off shore of us we sailed passed a island with a single massive white house in the centre of it someone’s private island!
Cala St Vincent is a narrow inlet between high cliffs covered in woodland (all lush and green unlike the shores of mainland Spain) we anchored off the beach, again swam and then went ashore in the dinghy ending up at a hippy bar with big cushions and incense sticks everywhere. The night was much quieter the hotels here seemed to cater to the Spanish market and were not so tacky as those in Cala Cana.
The next morning being Wednesday, Jackie wanted to visit the Hippy market so we retraced our steps back to cala Cana anchored and went ashore in the dinghy, we were ashore by 09:30. She spent a couple of hours wandering round looking at the clothes, jewellery, wood carvings and other tourist tat so was in heaven for a while. (She left Pete with a coffee at a bar near the entrance to be away from his disapproving tuts and expressions).
We were now out of water and as St Eulalia Marina was the only marina nearby we called them on the phone to see if we could book a berth for the night (yes no problem! 96Euros per night!) sod that we thought, and just went in for Fuel, & water. Having filled up we anchored off the beach and went ashore by dinghy as we also needed to visit a large super market and get provisions. We wandered around the town first, stopping for a drink before heading to the supermarket before it closed.
By the time we returned to the dinghy it was pitch dark (no Moon) and we returned to Argonauta in the bay.
Dinner was garlic prawns with fresh bread hot from the bakery, Yummy. The boat laid with the bows offshore and stern facing the large promenade so as we ate we could watch the goings on ashore. Like Cala Cana each bar seemed to have its own entertainment but this seemed a different nature we watched Fire jugglers, Ariel Acrobatics, Stilt walkers, whilst listening to Opera arias drifting across the water, very nice. We turned in but almost as soon as we did the wind shifted a large swell came in with the boat rocking side to side resulting in a very Very bouncy night by 07:00am the next morning after little sleep by both of us we decided to leave and go to to Portinax.

We have left comments box open this time. Let us know if you are enjoying our blogs... Thanks
Comments
Vessel Name: Argonauta
Vessel Make/Model: Gibsea422
Hailing Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK
Crew: Pete & Jackie Jackson
About:
Pete & Jackie Jackson Have given up the rat race for a while to step off earth to explore the world. Jackie has left her job as manager of a care home. Whilst Pete has worked in the photo industry for 27 years. Exploring the chalenges & changes that digital images have brought. [...]
Extra: www.argonauta.co.uk REMEMBER. In the end it's not the years in your life that count, its the life in your years.
Home Page: http://www.argonauta.co.uk/

Argonauta

Who: Pete & Jackie Jackson
Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK