sailboat Argonauta

10 August 2018 | Taormina
26 June 2018 | Syracuse
23 June 2018 | Riposto Sicily
23 October 2016 | Santorini Greece
19 October 2016 | Mykanos and Ios
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
26 August 2016 | Dirou Peloponnese
25 August 2016
22 August 2016 | kitres
22 August 2016 | Kalamata
22 August 2016 | Methoni
22 August 2016 | Pilos
22 August 2016 | Katakolon
22 August 2016 | Zackinthos
13 August 2016 | Kastos

Did we Vote for Brexit?

13 August 2016 | Meganisi
Pete
After several rest full days we moved on to one of the remote fingers on Meganisi. Here we found a small cove with two boats anchored with lines to shore. There seemed to be enough space for us to fit between so we carefully backed in dropping the anchor' this bit went really quite well with the boat exactly where we wanted it Pete jumped in the dinghy and took a line ashore unfortunately by the time we had fastened the line to a tree we had drifted close to the Italian yacht and they in a panic that we hight hit them had released their shore line. As we tightened our line we returned to our planned position but now the Italian yacht was swinging all over the place. Angry stares were being directed across to us so, Pete went and apologised for disturbing them and offered to retake there line back ashore. There first questions stunned him at first .They asked if he had voted for Brexit! When he said no, there were handshakes all round and the whole demenor changed to something much more pleasant. They decided that they were fine as they were and said that they would be leaving in ten minuets anyway but thanked us for the offer. Four hours later they were still there and by then had drifted very close to the bows of Argonauta. Suddenly we realised they were about to hit us. Our chain was now passing under their boat between the keel and the rudder they couldn't move forward or backward. Jackie was standing on the anchor well lid fending off the boat so we couldn't get at the cleat to release the chain the only option was for Pete to grab a knife and cut the rope to the chain so allowing us to drop back and release them to motor forward and recover their anchor. All was done in a friendly manor. Though obviously if we'd voted for Brexit things might have been different.

Eventually they left leaving Argonauta and the other boat in the cove. It was a small British boat, when we swam passed and talked to them, we discovered was crewed by a couple who had kept the boat in the Ionian for over 40 years and were both 84 years old. We only wish we are able to keep going as long as they have.
Comments
Vessel Name: Argonauta
Vessel Make/Model: Gibsea422
Hailing Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK
Crew: Pete & Jackie Jackson
About:
Pete & Jackie Jackson Have given up the rat race for a while to step off earth to explore the world. Jackie has left her job as manager of a care home. Whilst Pete has worked in the photo industry for 27 years. Exploring the chalenges & changes that digital images have brought. [...]
Extra: www.argonauta.co.uk REMEMBER. In the end it's not the years in your life that count, its the life in your years.
Home Page: http://www.argonauta.co.uk/

Argonauta

Who: Pete & Jackie Jackson
Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK