Sailing Greece Blog

Vessel Name: Jocker
21 December 2015 | LEROS ISLAND
08 December 2015 | Athens, Greece
08 December 2015 | greece
19 November 2015 | Athens, Greece
02 November 2015 | Greece
02 November 2015
Recent Blog Posts
21 December 2015 | LEROS ISLAND

Visit 'Leros island' with a sailing boat

08 December 2015 | Athens, Greece

Sailing in greece vs hotel

What comes to your mind when you are thinking about sailing vacation? That sailing is expensive? That someone needs special skills or knowledge? That you need a certificate? Most of the people are more familiar with the holidays in a hotel, in addition with renting a car or a bike to explore the Greek [...]

08 December 2015 | greece

Agistri sailing

19 November 2015 | Athens, Greece

11 reasons why you should book your sailing holidays in Greece in advance

That must be the time your summer holidays of 2015 has ended and possibly you are in your office in front of a computer and you read articles like "alternative sailing in Greece". That is exactly the very first good reason to start taking care of your next sailing holidays in Greece. Before your summer [...]

19 November 2015 | Athens, Greece

20 things to do while sailing (the tangled list)

One of the most common questions is if someone gets bored on a sailing boat after a while on a sailing trip. Someone who is not familiar with the sailing lifestyle is normal to wonder if he is going to be bored on a sailing trip.

02 November 2015 | Greece

Greece sailing holidays charter

What is vacation for you? Are you a history maniac? Or maybe a traveler of the world? If you were asking me, vacation is the moment when I can pause time and relax. This would probably require some more ingredients in the background but I am quite convinced that my ‘dream vacation’ is on a sailing [...]

Greece sailing holidays charter

02 November 2015 | Greece
Eugene
What is vacation for you? Are you a history maniac? Or maybe a traveler of the world? If you were asking me, vacation is the moment when I can pause time and relax. This would probably require some more ingredients in the background but I am quite convinced that my ‘dream vacation’ is on a sailing yacht. It is true I am not a mountain lover and I have always been a fan of the Greek islands but the calmness sea can provide is unique and amazing.
Look around you, see the world, meet the Greek islands. With a different way!
If you are in search of vacation that will make you feel more alive, if your imaginary place to be, is full of colors, sun, nature and sea. If you are triggered by emotions such as smelling the salty wind while the sunset dives into the sea, then sail a yacht with Yachtsailing.gr. We are your friend in Greece. Created by people with pure emotions and love for the sea for everyone that want to come and visit the Greek islands with style and safety onboard one of our sailing yachts or catamarans.
There is no doubt that yacht charter in Greece offers the ultimate freedom and independence. Here you will experience steady breeze and constant sun waving above you, while sailing. These are the top conditions for relaxed and predictable sailing vacation. Greece offers thousands of locations with unrivalled beauty to choose from. There are almost 2500 islands from which only 500 are inhabited. With a large number of Greek islands there are different locations with unique characteristics.
There is a top destination for everyone. Whether you seek for calm seas and green waters or you are a more adventurous spirit, Greece is here to dominate all your senses. The turquoise waters of the Ionian, the calm sea of the Saronic and Argolic gulf, the spicy atmosphere of the Aegean with the wild scenery as a background, or the celebration of nature in the Sporades area. These are few of the countless possibilities yacht charter in Greece has to offer.
A holiday in Greece consists of combined images with idyllic views, sandy beaches, spicy-looking ruins and of course turquoise waters of the surrounding sea.
Vacation in Greece gives you the total freedom to choose between beautiful landscapes of the mainland if you are looking to visit Greece in the winter, but most of all the ability to visit the famous Greek islands and enjoy the friendliness of the Greek people.
Greece is a popular tourist destination, would dare to say the most popular in the Med. It is perfect for families with children that want to relax, swim and enjoy the friendliness of the Greek people. In Greece you will find sandy beaches, clear and blue waters while the diversity of the landscape is present to all of the islands. Sailing vacation in Greece is perfect for combining relaxing and activities (if you like to) at the same time. Our skippers will be happy to show you in detail what sailing is all about and how you could use the power of nature to move from one island to another. See our skippered section for details in our weekly skippered sailing cruises. Personally I believe that sailing is a great asset for children since they get to know physics in practice. In addition, coming closer to nature, has always been helpful for everyone and inspiring as well. Most of the children will always have something to stay occupied with during sailing but most of all they will learn how to sail and navigate a sailing yacht. I would suggest to parents to select some of the extras that can be ordered onboard such as stand up paddles or inflatable canoes so when the yacht is moored you will have interesting toys for our younger friends but for those of you who are active you would surely workout well!
We have weekly sailing packages to fit all pockets (skippered or bareboat)and we strongly suggest you to examine all of your options if you consider visiting Greece for your holiday. We have made a detailed comparison to prove that sailing vacation in Greece is by far more affordable than renting a typical hotel, not considering the huge difference in what you actually get for your money if you choose to go on a sailing cruise. Check the detailed comparison here.
Either experienced or beginner, active or lazy we have the trip that will be fit to your profile. Our sailing yachts and catamarans are fully equipped and carefully maintained so your vacation in Greece will be a memory of a lifetime. The proof of our quality has the stamp of the Lloyds registry! Our yachts are carefully inspected yearly and certified by the Lloyds registry in Greece. Not to mention that we have an in-house technical department that has the ability to examine and certify everything in detail between our sailing cruises.
When it all comes down on the question where to sail most of you may be familiar with Mykonos and Santorini. It is true that these beauties are two of the most famous islands in the world. Mykonos is called the ‘island of the winds’. While Mykonos maybe one of the most beautiful islands in the world for your vacation and Santorini will make your holiday an experience of a lifetime, there are numerous Greek islands of equal beauty and sometimes more unspoiled that will make your heart beat. The lesser known islands are equally beautiful and at the same time more unspoiled and potentially interesting. The so called central Cyclades consist of Paros, Naxos, Antiparos and the complex of Koufonisia (Pano and Kato Koufonisi). If you are looking for absolute jewels of beaches with golden sand and at the same time crystal waters with a mix of green and blue color surrounding inhabited coves and sharp cliffs you have come to THE place. You will be amazed with the number of locations that you should be visiting while exploring these islands. To my opinion the best vacation in order to combine visiting all the hotspots but at the same time also to navigate into these amazing bays is with a sailing cruise in Greece. There are unlimited options if you choose to spend your sailing holidays in Greece onboard one of our sailing yachts or catamarans.
However please pay attention to the following: We have many guests arriving in Athens and are determined to go to Mykonos no matter what. I always advise that the best vacation is a combination of weather and location. The most beautiful place that you see in a picture if it is combined with a strong wind will not give you the result you have in mind. There are equally beautiful and interesting islands to visit during your sailing holiday in Greece that will add up to the best vacation of a lifetime. Listen to our advise..
An additional reason why you should be choosing Athens for your departure is the above. In Athens you always have the choice to either visit the Cyclades as planned or to visit the Saronic and Argolic gulf if by accident the wind is really strong. Saronic gulf will give you the freedom of calm seas and lower sea waves (due to the land that stops the sea to create big waves) plus the beauty of hundreds of isolates coves to drop an anchor and relax.
We would suggest you to take our advice under consideration and rely on our experience to deliver the vacation of a lifetime. We have been offering sailing tours for your sailing holidays in Greece for almost 2 decades now and we will continue to do so. Your vacation moments are our fragile project and we will handle with care, efficiency and happy faces.
Visit Greece with the Yachtsailing.GR team and meet the Greek islands with our unique sailing approach! We hope to see you onboard soon!
Comments

About & Links