on the way again

21 September 2012
21 September 2012
11 September 2012
11 September 2012
11 September 2012
11 September 2012
11 September 2012
11 September 2012
11 September 2012
02 September 2012
02 September 2012
25 August 2012
09 August 2012
09 August 2012
07 August 2012

2-5 November 2012

08 November 2012
2 November 2012.
We had a very peacefull night and now in the late afternoon still doing 5 knots in 10-12 knots of NNE which is on the beam. Beautiful sail , had the usual Fish Burger for lunch and tonight we have fillet medallions with potato and squash mash and salad of course. Graeme had to climb up the mast today and cut loose the uv on the roller furling that had come loose .
5 November 2012
Well all is going well we are making good time and are hoping to be in Port Owen by Sunday. Today we caught a 30kg Yellow Fin Tuna and let it go. To big and not what we wont. But this afternoon we hooked a Long Fin Tuna , that we did not let go. He is now in the fridge below the freezer box. So any fish caught from now on will have to go into the bottom fridge. Fishing has never been this good . So many fish on this trip it has been great.

29 October 2012

31 October 2012
29 October 2012
Had a fantastic day,Wind picked up a bit and the next thing we are catching Tuna like crazy. The first one I cut up and Realized there is still space in the freezer, so the line goes back in, but now we wont a Dorado, the line is hardly taught when there is a Strike again, another Yellow Fin Tuna, haul him in and Release. The same thing happens again straight away and another one is released. Then the next one as it comes near we see the Long Fin sticking out the water, a Big Eye Long Fin Tuna. I get the gaff and now the freezer is full of Dorado, Yellow Fin Tuna and Long Fin Tuna.

20 October 2012

31 October 2012

19 October 2012
Here all is well did not hear Graham this morning.Last night we had a bit more wind and had to wake Graeme to put a second reef in. Drizzle most of the rest of the night, light wind after the blow. Now this morning the front seems to have past South of us and we are doing 5 knots in 12 knots of NE wind.
20 October 2012.
Just after midnight I’am on watch till 3 am. I’m amazed that you heard me call break Michelle, that US station was so strong. For those of you that would like to watch our progress you can log into www.shiptrak.org and enter zs1aen and the last 30 days and you will see our track.We have very light conditions at the moment 10-12 knots wind flat seas, so we are Gosting along at 4 knots. Motored for 2 hours today as we lost the wind for a while. Tuesday and Wednesday will be lighter according Dave who gives us weather every day. Great having you onboard with us Dave you are doing a sterling job.
Yacht Nimbus Daniela and Tiago miss you guys happy sailing and flying.

17 October 2012

31 October 2012
17 October 2012. From the deep Blue Sea.

We had a bit of a bumpy night, many holes in the sea like Tjarda calls it, and the wind gusting up to 22 knots. Still the same now in the afternoon. The wind turned South East on the nose and the promised North East as promised has hot yet arrived. it's a lovely day,sunny and I think the sea is flattening out again. Tomorrow I will try to talk to Graham again at 8.30. Dave is giving us weather daily otherwise nothing exciting the fishing lines are in so we cant watch them.
18 October 2012.
All is good here the NE has come and now we are on a very comfortable ride, also more east. Did another 120 the last 24 hours. Thanks for the update on the Formaula one sure is nice to know what is going on.
Tonight we are having Dorado starters and then Fillet steak with stir fry vegetables and rice,with some pumkin on the side. Hope all is well at home and have you seen all the friends yet? Please pass on my regards to all. Iwill chat to Graham again in the morning so listen in.
photo insert. yacht Soba wondeful brazilian family happy sailing guys

15 October 2012

26 October 2012
15 October 2012
We stopped the engine this morning at 5.00 from yesterday morning at 10.00. But the night was hard work with no wind lots of drizzle and steering. But it turned out a beautifull day as Graeme shortly after switching of the engine caught a nice Dorado. All while I was fast asleep . We are still sailing in good wind and did 110 miles in the last 24 hours.So for lunch we had a “Dorado Burger” a nice big fish fillet on Fresh Baked Bread most delicious, and dinner will be dorado again. We just hooked one again but he shook free.
I have found the shampoo in the entrance, thanks. We are still sailing well in 15 knots of easterly and making good progress. Spoke to Graham this morning at 8.40 on 14316 and will speak again thurs some time.My watch schedule only allows me to be on the radio every second day. Tomorrow I,am sleeping at that time. Our watches go 19.00-23.00 and then 03.00-07.00.And so on . Graeme just caught a 17kg Dorado so I had to stop writing this mail and butcher the fish. Now we have a eating dilemma, sushi for starters and seared for dinner it shall be. Tomorrow goulash I had to make space for the fish. The lomito fillet is also out of freezer and into the fridge to mature. Anyway all lines are in until we have eaten our way clear. Nice problems to have. We are 800 miles from Salvador. Picture getting ready to butcher fish.

14 2012 october

26 October 2012
14 October 2012
We are out of wind and motoring since 10.00 this morning the sea is calm and there is a light breeze to hold the boat.On this mornings watch I listened to Graham at 8.30 which is 4.30 our time he was very faint and at 13.30 I cant hear him at all. Will take a while until I get in range. Tonight we have the first of your meals Michelle “Braised Lamb Chops” on Rice. Graeme made Sunday breakfast this morning very good. The Genoa uv is coming off and we are having a long blue streamer flying from the top. It should do nothing to the sail I will have some words with North Sails when back. Picture no 193 another stunning sun set.
Vessel Name: Snatch
Vessel Make/Model: Lavranos 40
Hailing Port: Port Owen
Crew: Michelle and Bert.

Who: Michelle and Bert.
Port: Port Owen