01 May 2014
01 May 2014 | Marina di Ragusa
03 April 2014
04 April 2012 | Marina di Ragusa, Sicily, Italy
24 November 2011 | San Francisco
17 November 2011
19 October 2011 | Ragusa, Sicily
09 October 2011 | Mahon, Menorca
22 September 2011
14 September 2011 | Barcelona, Spain
15 August 2011 | Frankfurt, Germany
01 April 2011 | Vigo, Spain
20 March 2011 | Oia, Spain
21 February 2011 | Vigo, Spain
16 February 2011 | Vigo, still...
07 December 2010 | Richland, Washington
29 November 2010 | Paris, France

Roland Mahler

03 April 2014
Skip T
It's difficult to grasp when someone you know has passed. You can distinctly recall them talking, laughing, smiling, and now they are simply no longer here. No longer will he enjoy the laughter of his precocious daughter or relish the taste of a cold glass of champagne with a warm baguette. He will no longer feel the embrace of his adoring wife or pat the back of his strong sons. And he will never again feel the wind on his face and the smell of the salt that comes with a perfect sail. Roland, we will miss you. We cherish the time we spent with you. You have become part of the lexicon that Steve and I share and we smile each time we speak your endearing phrases. Steve and I no longer take a walk but rather we "step now". We remember so fondly when you would come looking for "Schteve" while sharing a dock in Les Sables D'Olonne. When you would need time to think of how to say something in English you'd beg, "moment". We too now ask each other occasionally for a "moment" using your charming accent. And we giggle at the memory of you loudly announcing to me at dinner, knowing we had hot water issues, that I may "douche" on Josefine anytime. Of course there is no forgetting your incredulity when you realized that we used our refrigerator space for an ice maker. Steve asked you, "you don't drink cocktails with ice?" And you stood up straight and firmly replied that "No. I am German. We drink beer!" Oh, these are but a few of the lovely memories that we will cherish always. Thank you dear Roland for having been part of our lives, however briefly. You made an indelible imprint on our hearts. May you rest in peace friend.
Comments
Vessel Name: At Last
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 400
Crew: Cap'n Steve & Skip T
About:
Steve & Tracy are from southern California and decided to follow their dream in 2010; sell their home, say "see ya soon" to family, friends and their Chelsea, get rid their worldly possessions (well most), buy a catamaran and take off to see the world. [...]
Extra: FB: Tracy Bryant Van Anda

Who: Cap'n Steve & Skip T