Sailing Footloose

The log of Footloose

06 October 2008 | www.sailingfootloose.com
15 September 2008 | Beaufort
06 September 2008 | Beaufort, NC
28 August 2008 | Huntsville Alabama
23 August 2008 | Huntsville Alabama

And so it begins

28 August 2008 | Huntsville Alabama
Doris-beautiful evening
The end of August brings my last day as an association executive for a while. Huntsville is graciously allowing me to cut short my obligatory 90 days notice and so closes a chapter in my life and quickly opens another.
As Tom and I begin our journey to see the world, I would love it if you would check in on us from time to time and share our adventures with us.
We travel to Beaufort, N.C. to embrace our new home, a beautiful Caliber 40 sailboat, appropriately named "Footloose". As the three of us get to know one another, (The Boat and the two of us) I will continue to post to our blog: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/sailingfootloose/ This is the temporary location for it until I get the construction completed on our website: www.sailingfootloose.com We anticipate it taking us a good month to get settled aboard "Footloose", learn her secrets, and begin to discover the coves and bays surrounding Beaufort. Once we are feeling comfortable with our ability to sail "Footloose" we intend to explore the East coast. We will not be leaving the States until the last threat of Hurricanes have past and then we will head South to the Bahamas to work out the kinks on our "rusty" sailing abilities, get back to snorkeling every day, and settling into the cruising sailor's life.
From there, who knows............
Comments
Vessel Name: Footloose
Vessel Make/Model: Caliber 40 LRC
Hailing Port: Beaufort NC
Crew: Tom and Doris Nurenberg
About:
Tom made his sailing debut with a 1 week off shore training class and then in 1982 took delivery of a new Mackinaw 35. He spent the next year and a half learning and cruising. Taking "Elessar" from Grand Traverse Bay in Michigan to winter in the Bahamas and back to Michigan the next Spring. [...]
Home Page: sailingfootloose.com

The Wanderings of Footloose & Crew

Who: Tom and Doris Nurenberg
Port: Beaufort NC