sailing yemaya

31 August 2009 | Dunmore
31 August 2009 | Dublin
20 August 2009

waiting for better weather

31 August 2009 | Dunmore
Alina chavez-Cabello
Waiting for good weather in a small but lovely town called Dunmore east...

After being in Dublin for a week, we decided it was about time to start moving and get to know different places. So Wednesday 26 of August we start sailing south.

The weather was nice, and the wind stable, so it only took us one day and a night to get to a nice place called Dunmore. The harbour is small but very well protected from the bad weather that was coming soon. It was mainly a fisher boats harbour. But we saw a Swedish boat who had just arrived and was the same size as ours so it was perfect place to tide next to. On board was Chris, Bea and their cat Lisa, he's from Sweden and she's from Belgium.
As soon as we got there, we met Dave, he owns a bar restaurant in town called The Bay cafe. It's a very nice place with good food, low prices and always crowded. Is a nice place to go to have breakfast or a late brunch, but don't go so late or you wont find a free table... If you ever come to Dunmore and need something, even if you come with the boat, just ask Dave. He belongs to the staff of the marina and he knows everyone in town. He is the most friendly guy we have ever met. Just call him, he would love to give you a hand or if you don't need any, just to have a talk. Dave cellphone +353 876743572

Here when you need diesel you'll have to call the fuel truck... as we said, fuel delivery...

We had some rainy days and lots of spare time... so we decided to finally take out the insulation matterial inside the wall besides our bed, which after 2 winters and lots of condensation it was starting to get lots of moho
Things to do in Dunmore and around:
While you are at Dunmore, there are many things you can do. You can rent a car and drive to all the towns around, nice and tipical irish country style. Or you can also walk and see many nice places. Land scape and amazing houses along the coast.
We did many of this things. Though we didn't rent a car. Dave was so amazingly nice he took as on his own car around the most important towns around.

We walked along the cliff. Beautiful land scape, with high cliffs and green fields.
We even found a nice beach with people swimming!

The marina, or better say, harbour were we had our boat is also a nice place to go and see. There are not so many harbours like this left in Europe, at least that are still active. It's full with fishing boats, which come's and go's everyday. Besides the old fishing boats and their fishermen with their fish, you will also see lots of seagulls, waiting for their share...
Comments
Vessel Name: Yemaya