S/V Eleuthera II

A 1982 CSY Walkthrough

16 January 2022 | Hoggs Cove Stuart Florida
07 December 2021
07 December 2021 | before
16 September 2018
28 March 2017 | Peck Lake
07 February 2017 | Port Salerno Boatyard
19 November 2015
13 May 2015 | Port Salerno Boatyard
17 March 2015
19 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Stuart
28 August 2014
24 August 2014
11 June 2014 | Seabase ~ Islamorada
30 May 2014 | Florida Seabase Islamorada Florida

Boat yard blues

01 October 2012 | Indiantown Florida
doug
Had planned a quick sail with my son Jeff over the weekend of 9/15. About 5 minutes off the dock I hear the high water alarm blaring, not a good start. Apparently, what was left of the flax in my stuffing box disintegrated and I had water pouring in the bilge. Not that this constitutes a true emergency as the onboard bilge pumps should handle the flow quite easily. It was just that at the same moment, BOTH of my float switches decided to crap out. What are the odds? So back to the dock to make repairs. After a day of going through the fuses, pumps, switches, wiring, etc. It was determined that the problem was the float switches even though a continuity test showed they should be working. So back to the marine store to pick up new ones. Made it to Monday with the pumps working automatically and took her to Indiantown Marina. While on the hard, re-painted the bottom and cleaned the hull as well as repacked the stuffing box with the new graphite (GFO) packing and replaced the "shaft saver" transmission coupling. Did a few minor projects while I was dry. Got back in the water on the 25th of September. All is well and the new packing has been great, no leaks. Indiantown Marina did leave me one parting gift, red sling marks on my clean hull.
Comments
Vessel Name: Eleuthera
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 CSY 44 Walkthrough
Hailing Port: Stuart, Florida
Crew: Doug and Rosie
About: A short sabatical from this crazy world...
Extra: 1981 CSY 44 Walkthrough. Eleuthera, a jewel of an island in the Bahamas "out islands" also, from the Greek; Eleuthera means Freedom !