S/V Eleuthera II

A 1982 CSY Walkthrough

16 January 2022 | Hoggs Cove Stuart Florida
07 December 2021
07 December 2021 | before
16 September 2018
28 March 2017 | Peck Lake
07 February 2017 | Port Salerno Boatyard
19 November 2015
13 May 2015 | Port Salerno Boatyard
17 March 2015
19 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Stuart
28 August 2014
24 August 2014
11 June 2014 | Seabase ~ Islamorada
30 May 2014 | Florida Seabase Islamorada Florida

Getting close

02 May 2010 | at the dock
Doug
4/2010 No real news to report since the christening party. I slowed the pace of progress down a bit to catch my breath and take a bit of a break. I have begun to put the rig and electronics back together. Hung the boom and installed the mainsheet which was about the time Doyle Sails called to say my sails were ready to be picked up. Great job of repairing and shaping the mainsail and jib. Got the mainsail on but will have to wait on the jib until I get the Harken roller-furler back on the new forestay. I then went to work on installing and checking out the electronics. Installed the new Standard Horizon VHF with built in AIS and hailer. What a great addition, it sounds automatic fog signals over the hailer speaker and acts as a class b AIS receiver. I then got the Fusion sound system installed; Sounds Great ! Next was the 12V lcd tv with built-in dvd mounted and wired up. And then.... It was time to track down all the wiring and check the nav instruments; a Raymarine C70 multi display with ST60+ depth, speed and temp transducers. As it turns out, the ST60s' were dead and the C70 fired up but would not receive the GPS signal. I sent it all back to Raymarine for repair. It's a whole lot cheaper to repair than replace. And besides, this is top of the line equipment (at least on my budget, ha!). The 2kw radar will be hooked up and checked when I get the C70 back. We were supposed to have a quick overnight trial trip this weekend but of course, there were other things going on . Maybe next weekend...
Comments
Vessel Name: Eleuthera
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 CSY 44 Walkthrough
Hailing Port: Stuart, Florida
Crew: Doug and Rosie
About: A short sabatical from this crazy world...
Extra: 1981 CSY 44 Walkthrough. Eleuthera, a jewel of an island in the Bahamas "out islands" also, from the Greek; Eleuthera means Freedom !