S/V Eleuthera II

A 1982 CSY Walkthrough

16 January 2022 | Hoggs Cove Stuart Florida
07 December 2021
07 December 2021 | before
16 September 2018
28 March 2017 | Peck Lake
07 February 2017 | Port Salerno Boatyard
19 November 2015
13 May 2015 | Port Salerno Boatyard
17 March 2015
19 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Stuart
28 August 2014
24 August 2014
11 June 2014 | Seabase ~ Islamorada
30 May 2014 | Florida Seabase Islamorada Florida

The weatherman lies !!

09 July 2010
Doug ~ blowing like stink.
The boat was scheduled to be in Marathon for our family vacation. Planned a mix between condo and boat time, but as usual when making plans and keeping schedules on a boat, they don't always mix. This was the case as the weather forecasters predicted beuatiful weather for an outside run on Wednesday of this week and not having any nasty weather until possibly Friday in the Miami area. Left St. Lucie Inlet at 0800 and found monster waves from an out-going tide and an incoming heavy wind of 15 -20K (it was forecast for 8 to 12K). I bury the bow into oncoming waves at least six times with green water washing the entire decks. Took a wave from the side that washed me to the far side of the cockpit. That is not too worrisome as the boat can handle it fine. My mistake was in not latching the forward hatch. It opened, then locked in the open position allowing all that water to dump directly into the forward cabin. Oh Joy!
After getting out of the inlet I was able to close the hatch but the damage was done... everything soaked of course including the LCD TV I stored there for safe keeping. (ha) My crew Jake got sick within minutes as the seas were large and very confused with rain squalls passing every hour. Pour guy, I've been there. So for the next five hours I got a workout on the wheel and bracing myself. I must admit, it was a little fun for me. I love that boat. The CSYs' come by their reputation honestly!
So after pulling into Palm Beach Inlet instead of moving on, we took a break anchored at Peanut Island. Jake was much improved but the prospect of not being able to go on the outside and dealing with the intracoastal bridges all the way to Biscayne Bay did not appeal to me. This was all for a quick family vacation of 5 days. I weighed the options and decided to take a leisurely inside trip back to the home dock the next day. The weatherman again lied as the predicted 5 to 10K winds were still blowing hard. Oh Well, had a good time anyway and stayed at a great anchorage that was new to me.
Comments
Vessel Name: Eleuthera
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 CSY 44 Walkthrough
Hailing Port: Stuart, Florida
Crew: Doug and Rosie
About: A short sabatical from this crazy world...
Extra: 1981 CSY 44 Walkthrough. Eleuthera, a jewel of an island in the Bahamas "out islands" also, from the Greek; Eleuthera means Freedom !