La Palapa sails on

28 September 2011 | lanzareta island (or something like that)
27 September 2011 | banco de la concepcion
27 September 2011 | 150nm togo!
26 September 2011 | 40nm of the west tip of africa
26 September 2011 | atlantic ocean
26 September 2011 | 300nm from cananries
25 September 2011 | north atlantic off casablanca
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
22 September 2011 | gibraltar
21 September 2011 | gibraltar
20 September 2011 | gibraltar
18 September 2011 | gibraltar
17 September 2011 | spain/gibraltar
16 September 2011 | gibraltar
15 September 2011 | gibraltar
14 September 2011 | gibraltar
13 September 2011 | gibraltar
10 September 2011 | gibraltar

pirate preparations continue

21 February 2011 | 1300nm to Djibouti, 700nm to security zone
roger
today was another great sailing day with 15 to 20kts of wind on the beam and not too bad seas. not only that but we actually spent the whole day in sight of each other with no major issues trying to get back together. in fact eagle 9 spent most of the day in the lead doing 8 kts at times. i dont know how this is possible in a 36 ft boat with a hull speed of 6.5 or perhaps 7 kts. eagle 7 and ourselves managed to keep up with only minor reefs.

a few of the high points included breakfast on eagle 2 of bacon and egg scramble with onion, tomato and garlic. we also had crackers with vegimite and toast and finally spaghetti bolgonaise with freshly grated romano cheese. mmmm mmmm.

by far the biggest highlight of the day (other than staying in formation all day) was the happy hour song prepared by elise on eagle 9. it included some of karli's "radar radar " lyrics and a what seemed to be a few jabs at me! this was all broadcast over vhf chan 10 (sorry bill) along with the guitar, very fun!!! stand by for the complete lyrics in a later blog.

the photo is of karli's pirate "ditty bag" with her essentials to take along to somolia if we get hijacked. contrary to cnn we have heard from reliable sources that quest is now in somolia. we have also heard from the same reliable sources that "there is nothing near or in front of us" for whatever thats worth. we where a bit disappointed there where no flyovers today but washington has probably managed to engineer the next pr event to take the news off pirates so they can go back to in action here.

i did listen to a bbc broadcast on the ssb about the state of CA, did not sound good so i am looking into FL for my official non resident residence. apparently jerry brown is running the state agin, i think he was in chage back in the 70s.

they are predicting less wind and seas tomorrow, who knows perhaps we will be able to go for a swim!

cheers, roger
Comments
Vessel Name: La Palapa
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina/Morgan 440
Hailing Port: Lake View OR USA
Crew: Roger Hayward

Sail on La Palapa

Who: Roger Hayward
Port: Lake View OR USA