La Palapa sails on

28 September 2011 | lanzareta island (or something like that)
27 September 2011 | banco de la concepcion
27 September 2011 | 150nm togo!
26 September 2011 | 40nm of the west tip of africa
26 September 2011 | atlantic ocean
26 September 2011 | 300nm from cananries
25 September 2011 | north atlantic off casablanca
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
22 September 2011 | gibraltar
21 September 2011 | gibraltar
20 September 2011 | gibraltar
18 September 2011 | gibraltar
17 September 2011 | spain/gibraltar
16 September 2011 | gibraltar
15 September 2011 | gibraltar
14 September 2011 | gibraltar
13 September 2011 | gibraltar
10 September 2011 | gibraltar

another epic BBQ

07 September 2011 | ensenada de huradura
roger
so this morning i was awoken by the chocobo "loud hailer" aka roget and Danielle yelling at me to get up that we had to get underway to make it too the next anchorage in time for dinner. i think it was 830 or so it this point and i had already blissfully slept through my 8am alarm. i got up on deck and managed to get underway without too much difficulty fortunately i still had some cold coffee left from the day before. this and some OJ and a boiled egg and i was ready to go!

today turned out to be one of the more boring ever, motoring all day on completely flat seas. did i mention i need some new books! i looked at installing the fuel vacuum gage but did not have all the parts i needed. i even tried watching a movie on the ipad but its not quite the same as on night watch and i gave up. we made plans early to do a BBQ on palapa so i defrosted a chunk of meat and some sausages.

the day dragged on and finally around 5pm we anchored off this nice little beach/town. after the day tourist boats left i took another freezing swim/shower. it seemed like an eternity until the chocoboers showed up at 1830. of course they brought a full on meal unto its self. some sort of mashed potato with cheese dish and two different salads. i opened a bottle of red wine for them and made myself a rum and coke with the last of the mexican rum! we had sausage appetizers with a mustard sauce and then a not quite tri tip but still very good piece of meat.

we managed to stretch the event out until 2300 discussing life and future business ideas the ultimate diet etc. the chocoboers are planning to go back to the real world soon so they have given more thought to this than me! some how we managed to make it through 3 bottles of red wine with me drinking mostly rum and cokes. the last one i even stopped serving but some it still disappeared! the plan tomorrow is to get up early and sail 65nm to go out on the town in mallaga. we will see how much of this we can keep doing!

cheers, roger
Comments
Vessel Name: La Palapa
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina/Morgan 440
Hailing Port: Lake View OR USA
Crew: Roger Hayward

Sail on La Palapa

Who: Roger Hayward
Port: Lake View OR USA