La Palapa sails on

28 September 2011 | lanzareta island (or something like that)
27 September 2011 | banco de la concepcion
27 September 2011 | 150nm togo!
26 September 2011 | 40nm of the west tip of africa
26 September 2011 | atlantic ocean
26 September 2011 | 300nm from cananries
25 September 2011 | north atlantic off casablanca
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
22 September 2011 | gibraltar
21 September 2011 | gibraltar
20 September 2011 | gibraltar
18 September 2011 | gibraltar
17 September 2011 | spain/gibraltar
16 September 2011 | gibraltar
15 September 2011 | gibraltar
14 September 2011 | gibraltar
13 September 2011 | gibraltar
10 September 2011 | gibraltar

into the atlantic and the beginning of Palapa Phase III

24 September 2011 | gibraltar
roger
well my plan was going to be go spend another night at anchor today so i could leave bright and early and optimize the tide/current leaving the straight of gibraltar. i was not able to get much sleep last night and woke up earlier than planned so i decided why not just get under way. i was not looking forward to a night along on anchor and had finished all the house episodes last night in my insomnia. i also finished a bottle of rum, a pizza and a left over gyro so i was not feeling supper great either.

i got up to the marina office and checked out by 9 and final got out of the slip by 10. of course the whole boat was a mess and it took the first hour to get everything stowed but i wanted as much of the favorable tide as i could get before it turned. the book was quite confusing and i am not sure correct. for a while i was down to only 2 kts. i am back up to almost 4 now but supposedly in 1 45 minutes i will be in the slack zone and then it will build in the good direction for the rest of the day.

here is a photo of this ass clown who tried to run me over. we where converging with him gaining on me and after a half dozon calls on the radio and when i could see the whites in his eyes i can starboard to avoid collision. so much for rules of the road. i do not mind altering course if i have the right of way just dont like doing it without confirming with the other vessel first. this guys was clearly clueless.

had some more leftovers for breakfast/lunch along with a beer and chips and was feeling much better. only another 12 hour until i am declaring i am in the north atlantic and then only a 560nm to go to the first cannarie. at least it is warm and i am not board yet just a bit lonely..

cheers, roger
Comments
Vessel Name: La Palapa
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina/Morgan 440
Hailing Port: Lake View OR USA
Crew: Roger Hayward

Sail on La Palapa

Who: Roger Hayward
Port: Lake View OR USA