27 June 2010 | Sliver Bay Marina
It's pretty difficult to screw this up but we wanted it to be a sign of good faith for anytime the Coast Guard would board us in the future. The most challenging part was the 4 hour drive to get back to the boat from the cities. Stowed the next batch of "stuff "we are bringing with us. I believe now we could get Walk A-Bout certified as a Marine Library, but that is a different story all together.
Friends of ours Jim & Henry gave our dingy motor a once going over and tell me its working pretty good, thank guys. Still working on a solution for the flange head on our Perkins Engine, we have lived with this problem for the past 5 years now trying to fix it. Procrastination is catching up with me, I have been told that it should screw off by the Trans Atlantic Diesels people and that that part can be replaced with a new flange and larger radiator cap --- yeah, more investigation on that. Still want a new water/fuel separator --- looking at the Racor brand and a couple of generic ones, once that is installed we will have checked off all our needs regarding the engine.
Checked the forecast for the 4th of July. The 10 day "tease" is looking really good at the moment. If Sharron gets that lucky on her stay with us I might have to buy her an extra case of Coors Light!!!