Salt & Light

Dennehy's Set Sail

15 October 2009 | Seattle - not Belize :(
12 August 2009 | Seattle WA
05 July 2009 | Sacramento CA
19 June 2009 | Gulf of Mexico
27 May 2009 | Cay Ambergris Belize
17 May 2009 | Turneffe Islands Belize
08 May 2009 | Rio Dulce
30 April 2009 | Rio Dulce
15 April 2009 | Roatan, Honduras
02 April 2009 | Guanaja Honduras
23 March 2009 | Providencia, Columbia
10 March 2009 | Panama City
09 March 2009 | Panama city
16 February 2009 | Eastern Holandes
08 February 2009 | Green Island, San Blas
23 January 2009 | Cartagena
06 January 2009 | Cartagena
23 December 2008 | Cartegena
10 December 2008 | Bonaire
07 December 2008 | Los Roques VZ

San Blas - Kuna Yala

08 February 2009 | Green Island, San Blas
Denny
The San Blas Islands, Kuna Yala. Finally. We have made it to the San Blas Islands of Panama and all the cruiser lore of beautiful palm covered islands, amazing coral, friendly natives Kunas in their hand carved dug-out canoes (ulu's) is as true as we had hoped it would be. It does seem the 'secret' is out and there are more boats than we anticipated. Granted it is nowhere near as crowded as the Bahamas' or the eastern Caribbean, it is just not desolate. Heck, one of the villages even has a school with internet access we can use for a buck an hour so we aren't too far off the grid!



Our trip over from Columbia got a bit lumpy for the second half of the 26 hour tour, but more important, the auto-pilot (aka doc-oc) worked great - praise the Lord! We were able to reach our friends on Migo (www.migo.ca) on the VHF and arranged to meet them at Wasaladup in the western Holandes group of islands. It was great to meet up with them and we look forward to travelling north to the states together over the next several months. They had befriended the Kuna family that lives on the island and of course we promptly bought a couple of nice mola's from them. The Dad had arranged for Patrick and I to join him spearfishing in the morning. Of course with our own Kuna guide we came back with lots of lobster, octopus (pulpo), and a big grouper. All in all a great welcome to the Kuna Yala!



Auntie Heidi is coming to visit in a few day and we are looking forward to seeing her and sharing this paradise with her.
Comments
Vessel Name: Salt & Light
Vessel Make/Model: '99 Beneteau 44cc
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Denis, Rennie, Michaela, Liam and Ethan

The Adventure Has Begun!!

Who: Denis, Rennie, Michaela, Liam and Ethan
Port: Seattle, WA