Salt & Light

Dennehy's Set Sail

15 October 2009 | Seattle - not Belize :(
12 August 2009 | Seattle WA
05 July 2009 | Sacramento CA
19 June 2009 | Gulf of Mexico
27 May 2009 | Cay Ambergris Belize
17 May 2009 | Turneffe Islands Belize
08 May 2009 | Rio Dulce
30 April 2009 | Rio Dulce
15 April 2009 | Roatan, Honduras
02 April 2009 | Guanaja Honduras
23 March 2009 | Providencia, Columbia
10 March 2009 | Panama City
09 March 2009 | Panama city
16 February 2009 | Eastern Holandes
08 February 2009 | Green Island, San Blas
23 January 2009 | Cartagena
06 January 2009 | Cartagena
23 December 2008 | Cartegena
10 December 2008 | Bonaire
07 December 2008 | Los Roques VZ

wrapping it up

19 June 2009 | Gulf of Mexico
Denny
Yes this is long overdue. We've been stateside for almost 2 weeks and are swimming in the process of plugging back in. To say it is overrated would be a gross understatement. Thankfully everyone in Texas is so friendly that we're not sure if we're dreaming. So let's step into the way back machine and return to the long passage to the great state of Texas...


With apologies to Dr. Suess...

Oh the things you will do and places you will go, for it's a great big world out there, don't you know!

You know what else? It's true! We have been blessed beyond belief to go and see, to touch, taste and feel many places on this amazing journey.

We are now somewhere out in the Gulf of Mexico heading back to the states. As I look back on this past 20 some months of sailing 'round the Caribbean I am frankly in awe of how God has guided us and protected us. Sure we have tough passages that we wouldn't care to repeat anytime soon, but really very few. No harrowing events to make us fearful.

From our first night passage leaving North Carolina with Solange and Slow-Mocean (frost on the decks!), to the 'big' crossing of the Gulf Stream to reach the Bahamas. From our first multi-day passage to the Dominican Republic with Wandering Dolphin to braving the north coast of the DR and across the much feared Mona Passage with High Five (we motor across in a calm). Hopping our way down the Leeward and Windward Islands to reach Grenada for hurricane season. Transiting the outer islands of Venezuela to the ABC's with Independence, Alegria, and Fruko. Then taking on the tough coast of Columbia for 3 days, with no autopilot, to reach Cartegena for Christmas with Independence, Uliad, Coqueliocot (everyone should go to Cartegena - amazing place!). Leaving Cartegena (finally), for the San Blas Islands of Panama to catch up with Migo again. A long slog to reach the magical island of Providencia and on to the Bay Islands of Honduras (Guanaja, Roatan, and Utila), Guatemala, Belize and then through Mexico. I could go on and on about the experiences of each and every place, and perhaps I will at a later date. For now I just sit in wonder at it all.

And now we head home. We do so with glad hearts as well as sad hearts. Sad as we know this wondrous door the Lord opened for us to make this trip possible is closing. We trust He is opening a new door for us as we 'plug back in'. We have no idea what will be in store, but we know it will be filled with as much fun, love and adventure as this one. I'm also sure it will eventually involve shoes, socks and pants.

Salt & Light docked at: 29 33.29N 95 01.52W
Comments
Vessel Name: Salt & Light
Vessel Make/Model: '99 Beneteau 44cc
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Denis, Rennie, Michaela, Liam and Ethan

The Adventure Has Begun!!

Who: Denis, Rennie, Michaela, Liam and Ethan
Port: Seattle, WA