I must go down to the sea

11 January 2014 | Three hummock island
06 January 2014
04 January 2014
03 January 2014
03 January 2014
01 January 2014
29 December 2013
29 December 2013 | Hobsons Bay Yacth Club
26 February 2013 | Mooloolaba Queensland
12 April 2012 | Port Phillip Bay, Victoria
12 April 2012 | Shepherd's Bay, Hunter Island
09 April 2012 | Strahan
04 April 2012 | Strahan
02 April 2012 | Spain Bay, Port Davey
02 April 2012 | Schooner Cove, Bathurst Channel
02 April 2012 | Moulter's Inlet, Bathurst Harbour
02 April 2012 | Moulter's Inlet, Bathurst Harbour
02 April 2012 | Clayton's Corner, Bathurst Channel
02 April 2012 | Clatyon's Corner, Bathurst HArbour
02 April 2012 | Clayton's Corner, Bathurst Harbour

By the camp fire (21 march)

02 April 2012 | Clayton's Corner, Bathurst Harbour
 We woke to another day of rain and so busied ourselves in the morning testing various things to try to get to the bottom of the battery problem. It turns out that it was not the solar cell and unless there is something else draining our power, the house battery is on its last legs. We just hope that it keeps on holding its charge for at least 12 hours at a time until we get to Strahan. We also had to do a boat shuffle as there was a charter fishing boat that wanted to get some water. We managed to fit two yachts on one side of the jetty, so he could get on the other side. This was all done in the rain, so full wet wether gear was required. The guys on the charter boat vindicated our decision to up anchor and tie up, telling us that they knew of yachts that had recently dragged anchor in strong winds in Clayton's Corner. After  that it was baking bread, making hummus, and playing scrabble (Gayle, there is a new champion!). We discovered that our neighbours had gone up to the house here and got the fire started so we joined them for pre dinner drinks. It was very cosy and a pleasant few hours was enjoyed by all. The winds are going to be 20-30 knots for the next four days so it doesn't look like we will be leaving here until at least next Monday by which time we will have been here for 12 days. Apparently the record for being stuck here is about 40 days! We have done a stock take and we have plenty of food to last us well into next week, but if we don't get a break in the weather by then, we will have to look into getting some food flown in which is done regularly for bush walkers on long treks. Meleleuca is a bit of a base camp for them apparently. Hopefully it won't come to that. We are very glad that we got here on the day we did, otherwise we would still be around the other side of tassie waiting. If we had to get stuck anywhere on the trip, this is really the best place as it is somewhat protected, is very scenic and there are quite a few different anchorages to see, and lots of bush walks to do.
Comments
Vessel Name: Paseafique
Vessel Make/Model: Adams 44
Hailing Port: Hobson's Bay, Melbourne
Crew: Phil and Lesley
About: We have been racing and sailing as a couple for a number of years, including circumnavagating Tasmania in our previous boat Sandpiper.
Extra: I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gipsy life, To the gull's way and the whales way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quite sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.
Paseafique 's Photos - Main
8 Photos
Created 12 April 2012
11 Photos
Created 9 April 2012
21 Photos
Created 4 April 2012
41 Photos
Created 3 April 2012
9 Photos
Created 1 March 2012
24 Photos
Created 27 February 2012
13 Photos
Created 27 February 2012