Sandy Paws

01 June 2010 | Winter Park
21 May 2010 | Daytona
14 May 2010 | DB
14 May 2010 | DB
14 May 2010 | DB
14 May 2010 | Daytona Beach
14 May 2010 | kENNEDY SPACE CENTER/Daytona Beach
14 May 2010 | Orlando
14 May 2010 | Daytona Beach
30 April 2010 | Daytona
30 April 2010 | Daytona
28 April 2010 | Daytona
28 April 2010 | Daytona
28 April 2010 | Daytona Beach
28 April 2010 | Daytona Beach, Fl.
26 April 2010 | Daytona Beach, Fl.
26 April 2010 | Daytona Beach, Fl.
22 April 2010 | DB
22 April 2010 | Daytona Beach
22 April 2010 | enroute

Jamaican food/yum

14 May 2010 | Orlando
Kathy Evans
Wes and I LOVE Caribbean/Jamaican food. We have a friend that shares this love and he came across a wonderful restaurant in Orlando. It's Mama Millie's. When we first walked in I felt a little lost. New restaurant and new ways of doing things. "Mama" sensed this and took us under her wing. She had us tell her what we would like to try and fixed up a whole tray full of food to share family style. It was delicious!! What a great find Hugh. Thank you for thinking of us.

After that experience I decided to see what I could find here in Daytona Beach. Well, the place that I found turned out to be at least as good. It's called The Taste of the Tropics. Blossom is the owner and the chef of this great little restaurant and made sure that we enjoyed some of the best food we've ever had including food we have eaten while in the Caribbean.

Oh, she also had some of the best chocolate cake we've ever eaten. We'll be back

After all this good Jamaican food I became inspired to try my hand at it. I went on line, found goat curry, and followed the recipe. It said to cook it for about 2 hours or until tender. Well 5 hours later it was STILL cooking. I mentioned to Wes that the goat curry recipe said 2 hours. He said Goat?...you're cooking Ox tail. Oops I went back to the site, checked ox tail and discovered it takes 4 to 5 hours!! We warmed up some frozen Chili...yum, ate dinner while the ox tails cooked away and decided to have them the next day. Well it's the next day, they finally got tender after about 5 1/2 - 6 hours and they are delicious!! It was worth the wait. I'm saving that recipe to try with goat, chicken and more ox tail (when I have another 6 hours).
Comments
Vessel Name: Sandy Paws
Vessel Make/Model: Fleming 55 Motor Yacht
Hailing Port: Winter Park, Florida
Crew: Captain John
About: We are part time cruisers. We sail mostly the Bahamas and the East coast of the US. Wes has made two ocean crossings and many trips between the upper East coast of the US and the BVIs. We cruise with 3 Great Danes and a 5 lb. Maltese.
Extra: Kathy's main avocation is Dane Rescue through Pet Rescue by Judy out of Sanford, Fl. We started cruising together 32 years ago and at one point, sold our house, cars and "stuff" and went cruising for 6 years.

Great Dane Cruisers

Who: Captain John
Port: Winter Park, Florida