Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Grocery shopping

17 July 2008 | Harness Creek, MD
Miike
July 11th ... Harness Creek to Annapolis

After coffee and a bite to eat we tied up our dinghy at the boat rental concession, picked up a map of the park and started off to the grocery store. It happened to be the same Giant store that we had hiked to from Spa Creek a week ago. This time we were coming from the south and our walk would take us mostly through the park.

We passed ponds, playgrounds and a sculpture garden and finally ended up on a paved trail that meandered through the woods and swamp. It was a wonderful walk of about 3 miles. The trail ended just across the street form a West Marine so we stopped in to take advantage of their air-conditioning, then went on to Giant.

Although we are getting much better about purchasing what we can carry, today's load was pushing the limit with the heat and another 3 mile walk back to the boat. But with plenty of water and the shady path it seemed much easier that our last long hike.

As we were putting things away back on Sapphire, Dan called to say that our sewing machine and foam had arrived. Had some lunch and weighed anchor for the sail around the lighthouse to Annapolis where we anchored just off the Navy Yard.

When things were shipshape, we lowered the dinghy and motored in to the Sailrite store. Kathy got a good lesson on the operation of the new machine, which turns out to operate much the same as the old Kenmore.

The foam for the cushions came in a box about 6 feet long and the sewing machine weighs in at 53 pounds so the dingy was full on our return.

By this time it was late in the day and we spent the evening watching boats and eating dinner.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere