Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

01 January 2010 | Big Majors Spot, Exumas
Mike
December 27th, 28th, 29th...2009 Big Majors Spot, Exumas
I have been a little delinquent recently about getting things typed up... sorry but our days here seem to run into one another. In the last three days we I have been working on our house water system. Our house pump gave up the ghost and, although we had a spare, the fittings were different and so getting things operational took more than that a simple change out. We have a foot pump so were never without water, but we are used to warm showers once and a while.
I have been to Sampson's Cay a couple of times with Steve and Kim. Once for lunch, and another time to check out vegetables for conch salad. We found a good conch spot this week and have a few bags in the freezer. I made a huge batch of conch salad which we ate for two days.
On Tuesday there was a "Pirate's Party" at the Yacht Club. We got dressed up and went in but...only lasted until about 9pm. Steve and Kim lasted until after midnight and said that things picked up after we left. Steve won best costume and $50 from his bar tab.... unfortunately it was still a net loss.
On Wednesday, we returned to the Yacht Club for their internet connection and stayed most of the day. There was an auction for some charity and a kick off for the regatta. Free food and drink is always a good draw. The food included conch salad, fried fish.... fish grilled in packets with vegetables soaked in citrus and vegetables. It was wonderful food and the docks were hopping.
Our friends Craig and Kris from "Tilt" arrived a couple of days ago and we had a small beach party in their honor. They are from Grand Rapids... and spend their winters here in the Bahamas.
Other than that, we have been reading, weaving and making water with our new water maker. Kathy has been paying more and more attention to our solar array since we have the Blue Sky Controller and monitor, and spends lots of time adjusting the panels to optimize their production.
In the evenings we read and watch video...attempting to plan tomorrows activities and tasks.

Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere