Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

28 January 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
January 25th, 2010 Thompson's Bay, Long Island
After breakfast we heated water for showers and at some point around 10:30 loaded up the dinghy with an empty propane tank and two bags of garbage and headed for shore. We carried everything through the trail to the road and left it there. Then we hiked south to Fox Auto and picked up our car. We returned to collect or tank and trash before heading ten miles south to Greys where the closest bank is located. From there we continued south a few miles to "Everything Under the Sun" to check about a new outboard.
The price we were quoted was about $400 more than we expected so we hesitated and drove to Max's Conch Bar for a beer to talk it over. The result was that we had no choice but to return and order the engine. We just can't be here with an engine that in undependable. So it was back to the Yamaha dealer to handover the money. I told the girl that was waiting on me that we were surprised about the price but really needed a new outboard. She excused herself and went into the office where the boss was on the phone and retuned a couple of minutes later with a new price which was in line with what we had expected.
The new motor will be on the Mail Boat which arrives Wednesday from Nassau.
We continued south to Clarence Town and had a good salad at Rowdy Boys before making the trip back north up the Island. We stopped at both grocery stores and continued north to Sims to see if there was a bank there .... There was not.
With dusk approaching we parked the car and returned to the beach where the dinghy was located and then back to the boat.
I cracked some conch for dinner which we had with fresh green beans that really tasted good. We eat enough canned vegetables that when we find something fresh... it's a treat.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere