Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

We're a Final Four team????

31 March 2010 | Big Majors Spot
March 28th, 2010 Plain Bay to Big majors Spot

We left our anchorage at Plain Bay after coffee and motor sailed (to charge our batteries) north to Big Majors Spot...a trip of about 8 miles. Once anchored, I took the dinghy to the Yacht Club and purchased some pre paid phone cards and returned to the boat.

Ellie never answers her phone but I called Sam who was home at the time and was able to talk to Matt explaining exactly the zinc that we needed. With that chore out of the way we had some left over meatloaf for lunch and read until the MSU/Tennessee game.

The beginning of the game was amazing with both teams scoring every time down the court. This was not the Spartans that we've been listening to all season. Where were the turnovers? The poor shot selection, and the senseless fouls.
We were both on the edge of our seats most of the game.... There's no way this is a Final 4 team. The announcer was fine but John Thompson who was the color man was horrible. He hated the Spartans and every word that came out of his mouth had a Tennessee slant. He had done zero research on our team and assumed that we were a half court team with little running or rebounding ability compared to Tennessee. He was so bad that his career as a broadcaster has to be finished.

As we nudged ahead in the second half by a few baskets, we were getting hopeful but were waiting for the hammer. Surprisingly it never fell, and as time ran down we were still in the game. When the buzzer sounded .... We were shocked the lackluster Spartans were in the Final 4 for the 6th time in 12 years.

I remembered our MSU Flag and hoisted it during the post game interviews and before long a guy from Hope, Michigan dinghied over to talk about the game.... He and his wife were both Spartans and lived in Waverly for years.

Night Hawk anchored near us during the afternoon and we dinghied over for a visit before listening to the second half of the Duke Game....on a perfect day they would have lost, but such was not the case...

Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere