Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Ah...Manistee

11 July 2007 | Manistee, MIchigan
Mike and Kathy-Weather still great, but a little cooler.
The weather report for Tuesday called for a front to pass from east to west during the afternoon so we were up at 5:00 for coffee and finally got the anchor up by 6:10. We motored downwind to Big Sable Point but put the sails up there and had a great 4 hour sail into Manistee. Once again, we were tied up on the wall at the Municipal Marina for about 30 minutes when the first storm hit. There was some gusty wind and lots of rain but nothing too exciting. For the second day in a row we "hung out" with Dan and Scott during the afternoon .

Although I haven't seen them both Stephanie Olson and her brother Greg work here. Stephanie was a friend of Sam's in elementary school and her parents were friends of ours in Carson City. Maybe we'll run into them tomorrow if we end up staying which seems to be likely.

We are still here in Manistee, and Stephanie was working today and did a few favors for Mike-like driving all over town looking for a part for the stereo for him. They apparently have free internet here which would make it an A+ marina in my mind! Scot walked at least 14 miles today looking for parts to make an anchor snubber and Dan spliced our rope to the chain on the anchor rode because the shackle that held them together wouldn't go through the gypsy on the new windlass. It's great to travel with friends! I did not shop here today either, but I know they have some great shops. The grocery is a walk, but is doable. The marina is on a river and current makes it interesting, but not really all that difficult. There are a good number of restaurants within walking distance, which might make grocery shopping unnecessary. We are on the sea wall here and were pretty much unaffected by the winds last night, which were considerable. Mike and I took the river walk, a GREAT feature here, out and looked at the lake this morning and were happy we were not out there heading north.

Once again, another marina and town we have enjoyed many times over the years. It's nice to be able to say good-bye for a while to the many places we have enjoyed on Lake Michigan for all these years.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere