Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Delaware Weekend

03 October 2007 | Prime Hook Beach, Delaware
Mike -Another beautiful day
Our trip to Delaware, September 28-30

On Friday at 9:00 we over at the nearest dinghy dock (about 50 yards away) waiting for the Enterprise people to bring us a car... and they did. After taking care of the paper work we brought the car back to the end of the street and went back out to the boat to get our stuff...and all our dirty laundry. We had not only invited ourselves over to Jack and Debbie's for the weekend, but also planned on doing all our laundry while there.

By the time we got out of town and over the bridge it was noon so we stopped at the Crab Shed for lunch. We've been there before and like both the food and the atmosphere. As I was finishing my fried baby clams, the phone rang. It was the alternator place saying that they had finished rebuilding ours a day early and that we could pick it up anytime. We drove down to Easton to pick it up and then east to the Delaware Bay.

When we arrived, Kris was there hanging out before work. We opened our mail that had been forwarded there. Kris is a huge UM fan so the sports sections that were included were perfect...thanks Davey. Kathy started our laundry and Debbie arrived shortly after. Then we were off to the wine tasting. On Friday afternoons the owner of a nearby wine store sets out snacks and offers samples of about six different wines. The food was excellent.... crab dip on bread, a eggplant based salsa, and apricot -chili meatballs. We are trying to find a good Chardonnay to purchase for ship stores but haven't found the right one yet. I mentioned this to Debbie and we were off to another wine store where the proprietor could help us with the selection.

Jack was home by the time we returned and steamed some crabs (the largest I've ever seen) some shrimp, corn and new potatoes. We had a feast on the porch and crashed shortly after.

On Saturday, Jack had to work and Debbie and Kathy went shopping which left me to watch football for the first time this year. During half time of the Notre Dame Game, I went upstairs to take a shower and couldn't turn the TV back on when I returned. There were just too many buttons. Debbie and Kathy returned shortly and were able to get me back on line.

Saturday night we went in to Rehoboth for a Punkin' Ale at Dogfishhead ( a micro brewery) and then dinner a very nice Mexican place. The food was perfect.

On Sunday morning we said good bye for about two hours and left with lots of gifts, clean laundry and a toast with 150 year old Grand Marnier.

The ride back was uneventful and we arrived abut 2:00. After calling a friend to deliver us back to our boat, we started the engine to charge the batteries and then headed to the grocery store while we still had the car to haul things.

It was a perfect weekend... we hope that Jack and Debbie can get to the boat sometime so we can attempt to return the hospitality.


Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere