Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Solomons

30 October 2007 | Solomon's Island, MD
Mike
October 21

Sunday... Solomon's is a very nice area. There is a dinghy dock at the Holiday Inn close to where we're anchored so we putted over with the old Nissan 2.5 and checked things out at about 10am. There was a very nice "gourmet grocery" about a block away in a strip mall that also has a laundry and a sea food store. We took a right and walked about a mile to the real mall where we made a few purchases at the Red Lion and Boater's World. Then it was back to the boat for lunch. Kathy thought is was a shame to be this close to a laundromat without taking advantage of it.. so we loaded up all our dirty clothes and went back to shore. I left her there and returned to bed the spindles of the taff rail...with the promise to return to help her carry everything back. I was 10 minutes ahead of the appointed time and met her walking back with about 60 pounds of clean cloths.

Later... we took the dinghy to try to find our fiends Lenny and Ceil. We explored the Back Creek and found their boat but they were our with some friends.

We had a wonderful dinner of sea scallops saut�ed in butter with bacon and garlic ... and salad of cucumber and onion slices in sour cream with fresh dill.


Bye...

Ps... Matt Tree and Duke... Although the eye patch thing is a good low light hedge, people today who worry about such things use red lighting at night. We unfortunately are not equipped with red lights yet, so eye patches may be in our future... however, we are proud to report that all our interior lights are LED's.


Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere