Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Oldest wooden schoolhouse

30 November 2007 | St. Augustine, FL
Mike and Kathy
Wednesday, Nov. 28

We said good bye to Carol and Steve last night. They are leaving "Restless" somewhere around Melbourne for two months and need to be there in two or three days, so they were up and gone early today. As it turns out they moved across the river last night at about 1:30 because the wind and the current were making our little anchorage too crazy. I was up from 1am to 4am just watching things.

It is another cloudy day today with occasional sprinkles but the temperature was about 70 so it was bearable. My main project for the day was to make sure that we have a depth sounder in the cockpit that functions. The LCD screen has been showing parts of the numbers since last summer but we could always figure them out. During the last few days... the problem has worsened to the point where we don't know how much water we have under the keel. We do have a lead line...so we will never be in trouble but electronics are nice.

I have a repeater in the nav station that displays all the cockpit data so I simply moved it back there and wired it in to the helm station. During our Christmas break I'll send it in for repair.

We read and Kathy gave me a hair cut before going to town for a hike and a little shopping. The town has some beautiful old buildings, including the USA's oldest wooden schoolhouse. We didn't find much to buy, but enjoyed some of the shops. We also walked to the Castillo de San Marcos (the fort), but Mike didn't want to pay money to go inside. We aren't the best tourists. It was a very nice town to wander around.




Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere