Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Exploring

15 January 2008 | Manjack Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
Kathy
Manjack Cay . . . January 14 and 15

Mike, Bob, Jan, and Greg took "English Rose" to New Plymoth on Green Turtle Cay yesterday to check in. I cleaned the boat, wrote some e-mails, and did general boat stuff. I had Skype (a program that lets you make phone calls over the internet when you have a good connection) up and working, put some money in our account, or so I thought, and we called Mike's mom. Everything worked perfectly, so I was ready to call my mom and it said we had no money in our account. Well, somehow Mike had done a download with a different user name than I did and his was the program on the computer and we have e-mailed Skype about the problem. Bummer, I thought I had it all figured out.

We are now flying the Bahamian courtesy flag and so can go to shore. There is really not much on shore here. There are some houses (and someone must have WIFI), but much of the island is empty. "English Rose" and "Muskoka Moon" came to our boat for happy hour and we talked for hours.

Today we took the dinghies out to explore some beaches. It is a beautiful blue sky, sunny day. We saw all kinds of star fish and brightly colored fish and needlefish-all very cool. We walked the beaches and waded in the water. Mike brought his Hawaiian sling (a spearing device) along and tried to do some fishing, but without any luck. He is really hoping for lobster. I would like that also!

Mike and I are thinking of leaving here this afternoon and going around The Whale to Great Guana Cay, or somewhere in that area. It is a potentially rough and difficult passage and today is supposed to be a good day to go through this spot. Since we don't know when we will next have internet service and we still haven't figured out Winlink, I am hammering this out while Mike is next door seeking information about anchorages and such down the way.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere