Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Beautiful beach

19 January 2008 | Treasure Cay, Bahamas
Mike
Thursday Jan. 17... Treasure Cay Happy Birthday Jake!

I spent the morning sneaking over to a little used fish cleaning station to fill water tanks. We have six five gallon containers for this purpose and during the morning I made three trips. Two trips actually filled the tank but I wanted to rinse some salt off the boat so I borrowed about 15 gallons more.

I don't know that I have mentioned that our friends Anne and Neville are here to pick up some friends who are flying in and are anchored right next to us. They are very interesting people and I thoroughly enjoy their company.

Water detail finished, we set out with Bob and Jan from "English Rose" to walk the beach in the opposite direction as we had yesterday. It was a least a couple of miles to the far end of the beach but once there we found a plaque commemorating Carlton Point, the spot that the first loyalists landed after fleeing the newly founded United States Government. We finally got around to taking a few photos of the water and will send them along when we can get this out.

We returned to the boat at about 2:00 and I went to work installing the new LCD screens for our instruments. They had arrived the day we left Vero Beach but I really hadn't found the time to rip out the old ones and rewire the new. It took a couple of hours but everything worked when we turned them on....

We've been experimenting with Skype and were able this morning to call Mildred who is recuperating in a nursing home back in Holland. It is a little weird, and the signal comes and goes which changes the pitch of voices but it actually works well most of the time when we have a good wifi connection.

As we were cutting up snacks ... "Sojourner" pulled in and anchored next to us. Rick and Linda were rafted with us in Vero Beach before we went home for Christmas and we knew that they were here somewhere but had no idea where. They came over for snacks along with Bob and Jan and we all had a nice time catching up.

Tomorrow we will move down to Marsh Harbor


Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere