Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Down the Sea of Abaco

19 January 2008 | Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco, Bahamas
Mike
Friday Jan.18 Treasure Cay to Marsh Harbor.

As soon as I stepped foot in the cockpit this morning, Ann from "Peace" was over to ask for some computer help. She had heard that we were using Skype and assumed that we knew something that she didn't. When the coffee was finished and I was readying the dinghy, Rick yelled over wanting to borrow our Honda generator to see if one would fit where he want to keep it stowed. So I loaded it in and dropped it off while I was aboard "Peace".

The computer problem had to do with their new wifi antenna and luckily it was the same system that we are using. I had to uninstall the software and then reinstall to get it going.

I ran a bag of garbage to shore and then readied Sapphire for departure. We weighed anchor at about 10 am and had a wonderful sail down to Marsh Harbor which is a trip of about 14 miles.

The harbor in Marsh is large and it's a good thing because there are tons of boats here. Many because of a forecast storm for Saturday night. After getting situated, English Rose took us on a tour of the Harbor and a walk around town. Snappas (one of the many open-air bars) was having a happy hour at 5:00 so we all agreed to return to try to get some free snacks.

Back at the boat I cooked some rice to make fried rice for supper...(we had left over port loin) while Kathy finished her book. I typed up a blog entry and it was back to town for happy hour. We stayed about an hour and a half and were quick enough to snag some meatballs and chicken wings. Beers were half price as well ($3)

Back aboard we had supper and watched the first episode of "24". before going to bed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere