Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Third largest city in the Bahamas

26 January 2008 | Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco, Bahamas
Mike
Saturday Jan. 19 ... Marsh Harbor

There is a very active Cruiser's Net here in the Abacos on Ch 68VHF at 8:15 am. They have US and world news, sports, weather and advertisements for restaurants, bars, dive shops. There is a section called "open mic" where people can ask questions. Anyway, we need our refrigerator recharged and I asked who to call.... got two numbers and went to shore to find a phone booth.

I thought that the guy I spoke with said that he would come in the afternoon and to monitor ch 68 but he may have said Monday because we never got a call. I also asked about getting a part welded but when I called, there was no answer. I have to take a cab on Monday to check the place out.

There is a front coming through this part of the world this weekend with winds forecast to 40kts. I rerouted our snubber to the base of our dolphin striker which will effectively increase our scope without letting our any rode. ( you may need to know something about boats here)

We were invited to "Madcap" for snacks before heading to dinner at the Jib Room with Bob and Jan.

Saturday night is Steak Night at the Jib room and we had made reservations the day before. We ordered one steak dinner for $25 and an extra order of sides for $10. The steak was more than enough for two and the sides consisted of baked potatoes, toss salad, rolls and steamed brocalli and carrots. We were given dinner tickets and when it was time, went through the line picking our steak from the grill. All restaurants and bars here are open air buildings, most of which have the capacity to screen the wind when necessary. The Jib Room had lowered plastic curtains on the water side but the patio area in the rear was open. After dinner there was music and a limbo contest organized by a limbo expert who went under at one foot...impressive.

We returned to the boat early to prepare for the coming storm.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere