Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Being tourists

09 March 2008 | George Town
Kathy
March 1st George Town

Mike and I went in to do some laundry. We had plenty of our own and also Erin's wet clothes from the boat ride last night. We were in luck, as they had enough machines open for us. Those who came later had to wait. We headed back to the boat for lunch.

After lunch Sam, Erin and I went to town to do a bit of shopping and to call Erin's mom to let her know they were here safely. We went into all the little shops in town, but only ended up buying a few groceries.

We went back to the boat and then to the beach to see what was going on. We had a little lunch at the Chat N Chill and checked out activities. I said something about conch salad and Mike asked where you could get one here. We have been on this beach many times and he never knew about the conch shack! So, later in the afternoon we went down to check it out. Johnny was busy chopping onions, tomatoes, and sometimes green peppers and mixing them with his special spices. Then he cleans some fresh conch and chops that up and adds it to the mix. He scoops it all into a bowl and squeezes fresh oranges and limes on top and it's ready to eat. We got a couple and they were excellent. Many people who were waiting for a salad say that Johnny makes the best in the Bahamas-and he is quite a character. Sam made some comment and he threatened to tie her to the corner of his conch stand. It was fun just to watch him and talk to him.

There was live music (some boater with a guitar) at the St. Francis Resort on the deck. We headed over and listened for a while, but since we did not have our flashlight with us we headed back to the boat just before dark. We had dinner and made the girls watch the movie "Captain Ron"-always a requirement for people staying on our boat.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere