Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

How low can you go?

10 April 2008 | Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco, Bahamas
Mike-with additions by Kathy
April 7th... Linyard Cay to Marsh Harbor

Happy Birthday Tom!


The morning dawned cloudy which is rare around this part of the world. We had talked about moving the boat south a couple of miles to be able to dinghy into Little Harbor but decided that since the weather was bad , we'd run up to Marsh Harbor. The trip was about 20 miles and it rained on and off most of the time. Arriving around noon we found the anchorage full of boats waiting out the frontal passage.

We spent a quite afternoon reading and never left the boat.

April 8th...Marsh Harbor

I went to town this morning to drop off an empty propane tank and some garbage and then spent the rest of morning hauling water and fuel from the Marina. After three trips all tanks were full for the first time in quite awhile. By calculation we figured that we collected about 25 gallons of rain water the earlier this week and will definitely do that again.

In the afternoon Dave from "Fawkes" came over to check out our SSB. He is a "Radio Person" and immediately sat down and had a conversation with a person in Waterton, NY. He gave us a couple of suggestions but basically gave our installation a vote of approval.

Later, we went over to "Sojourner" for social hour. We hadn't seen Rick and Linda since we were last here and it was nice to catch up with them.

April 9th...Marsh Harbor

We headed out at about 9am to do get some laundry done and were finished with three loads and back on the boat by 11:30. After lunch we cleaned up the boat and made another trip to town to purchase groceries. On our return, I worked on some streaks on our topsides while Kathy worked on stainless. Both are never ending jobs in saltwater. As soon as we get a relatively calm day, I need to get some wax on our hull.

At five Barry, Susan, Steve and Carol came over for an hour or so before going to the "Jib Room" for rib night. The "Jib Room" is a restaurant that is connected to one of the marinas. We had a nice time and met some new folks...friends of friends. They do rake and scrape and limbo after dinner. Fun.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere