Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

The new step

12 October 2008 | Annapolis, MD
Mike and Kathy
October 6th... Annapolis, MD


This morning we began the process of provisioning for our trip back south along the East Coast. There are stores along the way, but not always where you want them. It is easier, while we have a car to stock up on things that we know we need. Over the weekend in Delaware we purchased a case of canned green beans, corn, mushrooms, sauerkraut, pineapple, and packets of ranch dressing, spaghetti sauce, and lots of dried beans.

We began by moving all left over food from our pantry and other storage areas, taking inventory, and then replacing them along with the new items. Some of the canned goods get double wrapped in plastic and stored under our berth.

All items are taken out of their cardboard containers (if they were packaged that way) to avoid bugs....

After finishing with the food, I got out the directions for our new radio to see if it was going to fit in the same place as the last one and to see if I was going to need any extra parts. It looks like it will fit but I may have to modify the connections on our XM input. The XM box is made to fit a Pioneer and the new Radio is a Sony. At worst we'll have to locate the right box.

Then we were off for more shopping. On the way to the car we stopped at "Kolibri" to say Hi to Wayne and Pat whom we met at the Chicago boat show a few years ago. They left Michigan this summer on their B36 and just arrived here in Annapolis. We invited them over for snacks to catch up and hear about their trip.

Most of our day was spent shopping... which wasn't too painful and we returned to the boat with just enough time to put things away and peel some veggies before our guests arrived.

As sometimes is the case we had enough crackers, chicken dip, and veggies that we didn't have to make supper.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere