Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

08 December 2008 | Vero Beach, Florida
Mike
November 30th... Vero Beach, FL

It was the first cloudy morning in a week or so and the wind was blowing about 20knots. It had rained a little before daylight but by 9 the sun was out occasionally and it was hot. By about noon it started to get black and the wind piped up to about 30.

We spent the morning reading and then listened to the Spartans. It was a boring game but it ended eventually. We broiled a flank steak in our oven ... and it turned out just fine. It was our first attempt at broiling and we were pleased.

The weather in the afternoon was interesting with low clouds sliding past. The front came through with some vengeance... winds at about 40 and so much rain that we couldn't see the next mooring We were forced below because the wind driven rain came thourgh our dodger.

In the evening Kathy did some shopping on line and as usual we watched a movie before retiring.



November 29th.... Vero Beach, FL


Luckily we went ashore to catch the 9am bus rather than the 8am because on Saturday's, there is no 8 o'clock run. Anyway, we went in a little early to shower but there was such a large group in front of the club house, that we boarded the bus in the rear by the dinghy dock. Not everyone was able to board so the driver called in and they sent another bus for the overflow.

We transferred to bus #2 and headed to Target to pick up a few things and then walked across the highway to Walmart where we went to the pharmacy to fill the prescriptions that our friend Colleen sent out to us. We talked to her last summer at White Lake and she had some ideas of what we should have on board.

After purchasing as much as we could comfortably carry, we went out and there was a bus waiting at the stop even though we were about 30 minutes early. As it turns out it was the spare bus that brought the overflow from the marina and she was running an express back to the marina. We were in luck and it saved us about 45 minutes of bus riding.

Back at the marina we had lunch and later Barry came over to chat and Kathy did dishes and picked up. We took the dinghy over for a load of water and we read for a couple of hours before going to dinner with Tom and Cathy on Perseverance 2.

We got back reasonably early and watched a movie before bed.






Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere