Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

20 May 2009 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
Mike
May 14th... Marsh Harbour, Abacos

It was relatively windy during the night and I didn't sleep all that well. Up at 4:30, I dozed on the settee until it was time to listen to the weather at 6:30. It is going to be crappy this weekend and probably won't clear up totally until the middle of the week.

One of our propane tanks was almost empty so rather that waiting until it was dry, I ran it in to the Hardware store before noon to get it filled and back this afternoon. It's so easy here that it makes sense to just get it done. We now have enough propane to last us well into the summer.

Later Kathy and I went ashore to make a run to the ATM machine and then to the grocery. We didn't buy half a cart full and spent $127. The meat here is expensive and we picked up chicken, a corned beef, bacon, ham and a beef roast. I returned to the boat with our purchases while Kathy walked down to the restaurant where we had decided to meet. After getting things in the refrigerator I joined her and a few minutes later Steve and Kim showed up as well.

They wanted to walk a ways further to have a burger at a road side stand that they had visited last year. It turned out the be the best burger we've had all winter.

When we finished, the ladies walked back the government dock shopping a little on the way, while Steve and I retrieved the dinghies and met them a little later.

We returned to the Hardware to pick out our propane tanks and by the time we returned to the boat it 5pm.

After eating such a late lunch we decided to have popcorn with a movie and call it good.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere