Sardinas

12 February 2013 | Newport Beach doing boat work
21 November 2010 | Newport Beach CA
19 November 2010 | Newport Beach
17 November 2010 | Newport Beach California
17 November 2010 | Arizona desert :(

Undisciplined blogger

12 February 2013 | Newport Beach doing boat work
Iggy and Its ffreaken cold
My level of discipline for blogging is really low. since my last post over 2 years ago, we have purchased a Gemini Catamaran and widdeled away 26 months of life. In that time we sold our old sloop SV Windshift and have slowly worked on the the many issues with the little cat.

I think I need to develop a little bloggers discipline. Perhaps a catch up of the past 26 months is in order.

Outside clean, inside different story

21 November 2010 | Newport Beach CA
Iggy
The outside of Windshift is much improved from yesterday. Inside is still filthy dirty. I can't believe how much stuff I have taken out!


Photobucket

The engine runs but I'm not sure of much else. Replaced the starting and house batteries. Alternator seems to be working. Nav light are out however.

Photobucket

Windshift is a mess :(

19 November 2010 | Newport Beach
Wow this boat is A mess! The former owner, John Hart has not been out to her in over 4 years (he had a stroke). She reminds me of the scene in the movie Captian Ron where the Harvey family first sees the inside of the boat.

Today I emptied about 10 large trash bags from the interior of the boat. I have to keep reminding myself that this is an interim boat, that our primary motivation was the Newport Beach mooring and that we want to by a Gemini catamaran.

The outside was filthy also but the broker hired a crew to clean her. What a job! 4+ years of bird poop.


Photobucket



Photobucket

We got at bigger boat

17 November 2010 | Newport Beach California
After years of chartering through Marina Sailing we took the plunge and bought an old 1974 sloop. She needs some work but at least she is ours!

I'm late!

17 November 2010 | Arizona desert :(
Darn cold
Just a note for the record. Today is December 31 2010 but the date of this post is the 17th of November which is the day we purchased Windshift and her mooring. So I'm basically a month and a half behind and trying to catch up!
Vessel Name: Tropical Soul
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini Catamaran MC105
Hailing Port: Newport Beach CA
Crew: Ignacio Sardinas, Sheri Sardinas
About: Southern California Sailors ;)
Extra: Arrrgggggg

SV Tropical Soul

Who: Ignacio Sardinas, Sheri Sardinas
Port: Newport Beach CA