CLUB CRUISE 2016

Day 13

18 July 2013 | Kingman Yacht Center - Red Brook Harbor
Cathy
We woke up at the crack of dawn to get ready to go biking. We had to get the bikes in the dinghy, get them to shore and set them up. We both have folding marine bikes that fit in bike bags. Jeff and Linda joined us around 6:30 and we headed to the Falmouth bike path. It was only two miles away and once on the bike path it was very flat, no hills at all and it was mostly shaded. The bike path is 10.5 miles long and ends in Woods Hole at the Steamship Authority where the ferries bring people to Martha's Vineyard. When we reached the end we stopped at a bakery called Pie in the Sky. After a much needed break we headed back. I kept looking at the mile markers and counting off how close we were to the end. We made it back to the marina around 10:30 and it was already 90 plus degrees. I did not expect to ride 25 miles on this hot day, but starting out early when it was cooler was the way to go.

My brother Mike had planned on coming to see us today, as lives fairly close by. We met Mike and Betsy for lunch at the Chart Room, and then brought them out to the boat in the dingy. Troy quickly warmed up to Betsy and now has a new friend. When they left to go pick up their kids at camp, we put on our bathing suits and headed across the bay to the beach to meet up with Daria and Dan.

The beach is on an island called Bassetts Island and it shelters Red Brook Harbor from Buzzards Bay. It was about 10 degrees cooler on the beach and there was a breeze that made it feels even cooler. When we jumped in the water we were surprised at how warm it was. It was like bath water but if you ventured out a little further it did get much cooler.

It was very hot once we returned to Wildflower from the beach. The heat made all three of us quite lazy. I noticed that I no longer had my pedometer. I searched the boat top to bottom and it was nowhere in site so we headed into find out if I lost it at the Chart Room. No luck finding it there either. George was using my spare, so he gave it back so I could continue to log my steps. Good thing I ordered a few more before I left on vacation.

We had dinner on the boat and watched a video that Edie lent me called The Bletchley Circle, a PBS series. It was very good, but we could not finish it as we were both wiped out from a long hot day.

I did get in around 10,000 steps today.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island