CLUB CRUISE 2016

Day 3

07 July 2013 | Padanaram to Sandwich
Cathy
It was another beautiful hot day in Padanaram. We went to shore early for our walk as the radio had heat advisories for the day. On our walk we came across the Russell Garrison house built in 1675 (only the foundation remains), which was a place of refuge for the early settlers of Dartmouth during the King Philip War.

Once back on Wildflower it was time to jump in the water and cool off. I asked George what he wanted for breakfast and he said the rosemary bread and olive oil we bought at the farmers market yesterday. After all we on vacation and we can eat what ever we want for breakfast. Tomorrow he said he wants some of the Boeuf Bourguignon I made for the trip for breakfast (I suggested ice cream).

It was very hot and Troy was trying to find a cool place to sleep. I got him to come out on the swim platform and sprinkled some cool water on him, but he wanted no part of that. I did give him a little ice cream and he loved that.

We headed out of Padanaram around 12:30 along with Ruffian. The sail boaters were already gone. We have to all time it just right to get to the Cape Cod Canal when the tide changes direction. Once out on the water it was almost cool. We were all enjoying the ride until the water started churning like we were in a washing machine. I hate traveling through Buzzards Bay, as it is always too ruff. As we approached Hog Island Channel, it was getting worse. We were being tossed around like a toy boat. We passed Nixie and Ursa Major and they were worried about us because we were rocking back and forth so much. We tipped so badly one time that everything went flying. Troy went skidding across the floor. Good thing he had his harness on, that stopped him from hitting the side of the boat. George powered through the rest of the entrance to the canal and once inside, it was quite calm. We passed Django on the way into the canal. They left Rhode Island at 5:30 that morning.

When I headed down to check out the damage inside the boat, it was a mess. The furniture all shifted and the floor was covered with stuff. When I went to put up the bumpers and lines to get ready to dock, even the kayak was hanging over the railing.

Once at the Sandwich Marina, we did chores and headed to the outside patio bar at the Agua restaurant for a skippers meeting. The mudslides were cold and company was great. We now have seven boats in our fleet and we will all head to Provincetown tomorrow.

I logged 17,000 steps on my pedometer. Hopefully I can do that every day while on vacation, then I won't feel so guilty about the mudslides.

Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island