CLUB CRUISE 2016

Day 4

07 July 2013 | Sandwich to Provincetown
Cathy
I woke this morning to the sound of George washing the boat (I knew it wasn't raining because the sun was streaming through the hatch above me). It is the last time he will be able to do it before Salem. Jeff and Linda came over around 7:00 to take an early morning walk. We walked to the center of Sandwich and admired all the beautiful homes. We also hit the hardware store to pick up a new showerhead. Not much water was getting through the current one. George finished up washing the boat and we headed out around 10:00.

The trip across Cape Cod Bay was smooth and delightful; at least to us power boaters. The sailors had little wind and were not moving very fast. I think they call it "shaking and baking" on a day like today. It was so calm; Troy was not the only one who napped. Brad and Melissa when zooming by us half way there. They have a really fast boat.

We arrived in Provincetown around noon and I picked up the cleanest mooring line I have ever seen. It looked brand new and never used. There wasn't a barnacle or creepy crawly thing on it.

We hung out on the boat for a while, and it was so hot. Poor Troy just could not find a cool place to sleep. George and I headed into shore to check in at the marina and walk around. I wanted to buy Troy a battery operated fan to keep him cool (when the air conditioner was not running). After walking around and checking out the town, we stopped in an air-conditioned bar for a cool drink. We nursed those for quite a while, as neither of us was anxious to venture back into the heat.

We put the folding bikes together and got them ready to bring ashore. We are biking with Linda and Jeff at 6:00 am. Any later than that and it will be way to hot. I am anxious to ride on the bike trails here. We are heading out to Race Point Beach where I spent every summer when I was a kid.

Troy and I hung out on the fly bridge and watched the boats come and go, or at least I did, as Troy was just watching the seagulls. He would love to catch one of those, but they just don't get close enough. Troy is sound asleep on the dashboard now. Hopefully he will not press any buttons up there.

Logged almost 18,000 steps today. Could have done more if it was not so hot (or if the boat was bigger).
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island