CLUB CRUISE 2016

Day 5

09 July 2013 | Provincetown
Cathy
Another beautiful day in paradise, I could do this forever. Troy is now relaxed and enjoying walking the deck licking dew off the boat, chasing bugs and bird watching.

George brought the bikes a shore in the dinghy and we met up with Linda and Jeff at 6:00 am. We did a 12-mile loop of the tip of the cape. Race Point Beach was great. It brought back memories of all those summers I spent on that beach as a child. The bike paths we so well marked and in great condition (you do need lots of bug spray out there though).

After breakfast we walked around town and did a little shopping. There are so many people in Provincetown. The streets are packed all the time. We headed back to Wildflower, packed a lunch and headed to the beach across the bay at the very tip of the cape next to the lighthouse. As we sat on the beach having lunch we had 4 seals swimming around about 15 yards off shore in front of us. They hung out there the whole time we were there. It reminded me, a few years ago we were out there with Peter and Edie and Peter was swimming and came up from under water and was face to face with a seal. They both screamed and headed in opposite directions.

After leaving the beach we took harbor tour in the dinghy. We saw more seals. We heard there was a great white shark about a mile off shore in Provincetown. We wound not want to run into him.

We hung out on the boat the rest of the afternoon with Troy. Took me a while to get him to wake up. He just wanted to stay under his blanket on the bed and sleep the day away. He finally got up and headed up on the fly bridge, crawled inside my bike bag and went back to sleep. I guess he needs his 18 hours of beauty sleep each day.

We met the group on the pier at 6:00 and headed to Napi's for dinner. There were 17 of us and we had a great time. The food was so good, everyone's raved about his or her meal. The chalice cup was awarded for the race across Cape Cod Bay. It included sailboats and powerboats. It was a challenge for the race committee to determine handicaps for powerboats. Most sailboats have a PHRF rating but Peter experimented with making the race fair for both. Out of 8 boats, Wildflower came in 7th place. We are not the fastest boat in the fleet. Sea Quester came in first. They have a very fast boat. They blow by us like we were standing still. The chalice cup was something Jeff and Jack found at a yard sale last year on Martha's Vineyard. It is up to the winner each year to improve on the cup. Brad said that next year after he gets done with it, it would look like the Stanley Cup.

We walked around for a while (needed to get to my 17,000 steps for the day) and headed back to Wildflower. Now Troy was wide-awake and wanted to play. Every time the door opened he bolted out.

It was a calm night to sleep. So calm all the boats in the mooring field were all going in different directions and some looked like they may hit each other. Captain George was on watch duty to make sure we did not hit the boat next to us.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island