CLUB CRUISE 2016

Day 17

21 July 2013 | EYC
Cathy
Today is the last day of our cruise. We were expecting some bad weather so we wanted to leave Potter Cover early. We had breakfast and started to prepare the boat for departure. Troy was able to spend some time out on deck before we were to leave. He doesn't know he will be going home tomorrow and will again be house bound, but maybe he is ready to go home.

As we prepared to leave, we saw Nixie heading out of the cove and Ruffian was preparing to drop the mooring. We hoisted the dingy and headed out right behind them. It was a very hazy hot morning. The ride to Edgewood Yacht Club, our homeport was an easy one and only took about a little over an hour.

Once docked it was time to start cleaning the boat, top to bottom. I took the air-conditioned inside work, while George cleaned the outside and it was very hot. I did go out and help him once and awhile and he came into cool off from time to time. While we were all working, Daria came up with an idea to have a final dinner at the Capital Grille in Cranston. I took George there for his birthday and it is a beautiful restaurant and the food was fantastic. We made reservations for 6:30, which gave us plenty of time to finish our chores. We kept watching the weather, actually hoping for a storm to cool things down. All we got was thunder and lightening and maybe 15 minutes of light rain. It was kind of a let down.

Troy stayed inside and kept cool all afternoon. He has been the best boat cat we could ask for. He never once got sick on the 17-day cruise, even when it was rough. You might think he grew up on a boat, but actually never set foot on one until we adopted him when he was 5 years old. I think he just likes being with us no matter what we do; you might say it was love at first site for Troy and us.

We all cleaned up nicely, looking like three well dressed couples (lucky to still have clean clothes after 17 days) and headed to the Capital Grille. We had a drink at the beautiful bar and a wonderful meal in the elegant dinning room. Linda heard music playing out on the patio and she and Jeff went out to dance for a while. On the way home we finally received the rain we were hoping for this afternoon. It had come down so hard the streets were flooded.

George was exhausted and crashed as soon as we returned to the boat. I stayed up and watched the first episode of season 3 of Downton Abbey (Mathew and Mary finally got married). Only did 6500 steps today. I have to pick up the pace.

We will pack up the truck and head back to Millbury tomorrow. We have Anthony's 21st birthday to go to at Jillian's Pub. I hope you enjoyed the blog and I do appreciate you reading it.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island