CLUB CRUISE 2016

Sag Harbor to Fishers Island

12 July 2014 | Fishers Island, NY
Cathy
Day 14 of the cruise was a travel day from Sag Harbor to Fishers Island. It is about 24 miles east of Sag and we left about 8:30. Troy seems to know when we are getting ready to depart as he hides on me when I need to put on his harness. I stowed him under my seat on the fly bridge under his beach towel and that is where he stayed for the entire trip. The seas were pretty smooth and not much wind, again good for us but not for the sailors.

We were heading east to go through want is called the "Race" where slack was going to be around 11:00. Some of our fleet went back through Plum Gut, where slack was around 10:00. We could see them off in the distance. As we were approaching the race we saw something very large in front of us so George slowed down and we were excited to see two very large leather back turtles. They have been known to hang out in Gardiners Bay. These turtles weigh around 600 pounds. I got pictures of them surfacing and they are magnificent creatures.

We arrived at Fishers Island around 11:30. We are on a dock at the yacht club. We waited for the rest of the fleet and helped them all dock. I took a walk to the grocery store to get some butter for the lobsters that were being delivered at 5:30, all steamed and ready to eat. These lobsters were just caught this morning. We all made side dishes and had a feast under the tent on the front lawn of the yacht club.

We have to keep a close eye on Troy. He keeps jumping off the boat and walking on the dock. He walked down to Brad and Melissa's boat and was contemplating jumping aboard to visit. Later after the dinner we had drinks on Rufian then just hung out on the docks, watching Troy playing on the bow of Wildflower. People were taking his picture. I was peaking up the front hatch, standing on the bed and Troy thought that was a pretty neat as he kept circling me looking down the hatch and then he made the leap down into the hatch and onto the bed. Hope he does not do that when the screen is up. Troy has been very entertaining this trip.

Tomorrow is a lay day at Fishers and we are getting up early for a bike ride. I watched a movie by myself and Troy and George retired early.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island