CLUB CRUISE 2016

Lay Day on Block Island

16 July 2014 | Block Island, RI
Cathy
Day 17 is a lay day on Block Island. This is one of my very favorite places to be. It has so many boats to watch, beautiful beaches, great biking and many shops and restaurants. It is a very relaxing island. There is a steady steam of ferries bringing people to and from the island. The harbormaster keeps a close eye on all the boaters ensuring everyone maintains a slow speed in the harbor. Just this morning we saw him put on his blue light and stopped a boat and a dingy to make them slow down.

I spent the morning cleaning. I cleaned fridge, the cabinets, the closets and storage bins. I changed sheets, which is hard to do with Troy diving under the blankets. He thinks changing a bed is a game. I stowed all the dirty laundry out of site under the v-birth. The boat looks like new again and now I know what I have left for provisions. Even my fully stocked freezer is somewhat empty now.

We were entertained this morning watching a new batch of boats come in and vie for moorings being dropped. There was one next to Jeff's boat that after trying to pick up the mooring and missing it three times, Jeff got into his dingy and went over and handed the mooring line to the girl on the bow of the sailboat. He also helped them get the dingy line untangled from the prop on their outboard motor. What a good guy and it was fun to watch (as his wife said, it was better than TV). He did this all while still in his pajama's.

We visited on Seaquill for a while and then we all headed for a walk into town. We had lunch at the Mohegan Café and Brewery. After shopping around a little the fog started to roll in and we decided it was time to walk back to the dingy. It is about a half hour walk from town to New Harbor (got in almost 9,000 steps with this walk). We were not back on the boat for 10 minutes when the sky opened up and it poured. But it did not last long and later the sun was back out.

We spent a relaxing evening on the boat with Troy sound asleep under his blanket on the bed. We watched an old British movie called "A Man Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain". I was kind of corny but entertaining.

Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island