CLUB CRUISE 2016

Another Lay Day on Block Island

17 July 2014 | Block Island, RI
Cathy
Day 18 is yet another lay day on Block Island. It has been a bit foggy since we got here, but at least it is not raining. We woke up early, only because Troy blew the horn on the Nav Station at 5:30 am. George has since put a piece of rubber under the button so he cannot do that anymore. We had good intentions of making a cover for the buttons out of teak, but that never happened. I will put it on Georges retirement list of things to do.

It was a lazy morning on the boat. We had the pump out boat stop by and pump out our holding tank. There is also a Bakery boat that comes around the harbor selling coffee and pastries. I waved them down and bought an apple turnover and it was delicious and I did not have to make breakfast this morning. The same boat comes around in the late afternoon selling seafood.

We headed to the library in hopes to be able to get a better Internet connection so I could upload pictures to the blog. Their Internet was no better than George's hot spot on the boat. I have a library card from the Block Island library so we took out some movies to watch tonight and tomorrow, as they are predicting rain all day tomorrow.

We did a little shopping in town and headed to the Spring House for pizza and martinis in the bar. In the past we have eaten out on the veranda overlooking the ocean, but because the weather was threatening, the veranda was closed. The bar was beautiful and the food and drink was very good, worth the walk. We did this last year with Edie and Peter, but that was a beautiful evening and we were able to enjoy the veranda as well as the good company.

We headed back into town and decided to stop at Finn's Seafood and pick up some scallops. They looked great so we bought enough to make a big pot of scallop chowder and invited everyone over for supper. I made some hummus; we had some wine, fresh baked bread from the local store to have with the chowder and cookies for dessert. It was a good impromptu meal and so much fun to sit around with friends over a nice meal and good story telling. Troy came out to join us at the end of the meal. He got much attention from Linda and Jeff, who love cats. Jack is allergic and I had hoped he took some Benadryl before coming over. Of course, Troy made his way to Jack's backpack to play with it. He wanted to make sure Jack took home some of his fur.

It started to look threatening and we could hear thunder in the distance, so everyone made their way back to their boats. We watched a few episodes of Doc Martin. We did have some heavy downpours during the night. Tomorrow will not be a day to do much off the boat.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island