CLUB CRUISE 2016

Rainy Day on Block Island

18 July 2014 | Block Island, RI
Cathy
Day 19 was not much to write about. It rained all day. I never got off the boat, but George did. We were running low on water and we have two 7-gallon water jugs, which George took to the docks and filled up a multiple times. He got soaked, but now we will not run out of water. Jeff came over and borrowed them when we were done and filled his water tank as well. You could just hail the water boat, but that is to easy (plus the water is not free like it is on the docks).

We spent the morning reading, then after lunch we watched a few episodes of Doc Martin. We got season two from the library and there were three episodes we had not yet seen. We took naps in between with Troy. He usually sleeps all day so he did not pay much attention to us.

Even though the rain stopped around 5:00, we did not feel like going ashore. We had dinner on Wildflower and watched some episodes of Prime Suspect that we also picked up at the library.

Everything on the boat feels damp. George put the generator on and then the heat to try and dry it out, but it was too hot so we tried the air conditioner for a while, but all the windows were steaming up and it was too cold, so we just gave up. They are predicting a sunny warm day for tomorrow so we all decided that we would stay another day on Block Island. The sailboats don't want to leave because they are predicting no wind, but we just want to stay so we can go to the beach. Plus Thursday night is martini night at the Spring House. Can't miss that.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island