CLUB CRUISE 2016

Lay Day in Newport

20 July 2014 | Newport, RI
Cathy
Day 22 is a lay day in Newport and our last day away from our homeport. We spent a lazy morning on board and finally took the dingy to the Anne Street Pier, tied it up and went into town. I think Troy could not wait for us to leave so he could have some peace and quite for his long nap.

George and I shopped around on Thames Street and George found a nice lightweight rain jacket for the boat. We went to the Old Port Marine store and stocked up on spare parts. George keeps a list of part and model numbers in his wallet, so when we can he picks them up. On a boat you always need to have a backup for everything.

We met up with Jack and Denise and had chowder at the Moorings restaurant for lunch on the water. After getting back to the boat we received a text from Nixie, the sailboat that had to have their fuel tank replaced in Sag Harbor. They were moored a few boats behind us in Newport. They left Sag on Friday for Montauk, and then did a 40-mile trip to Newport. Good to have them back if only for the end of the cruise. We all headed over to Nixie to welcome them. Once back on Wildflower we watched some of the Open Championship on TV. There were two other boats in the harbor that are members of EYC that stopped by to say hi.

We had dinner with Jack and Denise at Zelda's and all our meals were so good. If you are ever in Newport be sure to eat there. It is a small French restaurant and you always need reservations for dinner. The rest of our group and a few extras headed up to the Vanderbilt Hotel rooftop bar for cocktails.

Tomorrow we head to EYC early to begin the arduous task of cleaning the boat and unpacking three weeks worth of stuff, so it was an early night for us. Troy sat out on the bow until well after sunset, entertaining the people on the back of the boat in front of us. The little girl just loved him. I read for a while, as I have started a new book that I just cannot put down. It is a mystery called No Time for Goodbye
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island