CLUB CRUISE 2016

Sandwich Marina

10 June 2015 | Sandwich, MA
Cathy
We departed Warwick on Monday morning as planned. Getting the boat ready for a long trip takes a lot of time and effort. Preparation seemed to take forever. It feels good to be finally underway and enjoying our adventure. It took Troy a little while to get adjusted to life on water, but he is a great boat cat and is now doing just fine.

Third Beach was our first stop. Being so early in the season it was very peaceful and quiet. The life guards were on duty, but there was no one swimming in the cold water. We did go to shore and took a long walk on both Second Beach and Third Beach.

Wednesday we headed out early for Sandwich. Buzzards Bay was very calm and it was a great travel day. The last few times crossing this bay were the worst and I always dread it, but today it was enjoyable. We reached the canal at the changing of the tide and arrived in Sandwich at noon. Troy slept the entire trip curled up in his beach towel under my seat. I had to wake him when we arrived to take his harness off.

We were enjoying a relaxing afternoon when something unfortunate happened. A small boat heading to the ramp was struggling in the wind and hit our boat with their anchor. It left a pretty bad gouge. George met them at the ramp when they were finally able to dock their boat and got their insurance information. After talking with them he found out that it was their first time out on their new boat. The wife was crying and I am sure she won't be getting back on that boat anytime soon.

We enjoyed a nice dinner with Michael, Olivia and Andrew at Seafood Sam's. It was nice seeing them and I was glad they came over to the marina. They live in Sandwich.

We were going head to Provincetown on Thursday, but there are small craft warnings so we have decided to stay in Sandwich another day. We will leave on Friday when they are predicting calm seas.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island