CLUB CRUISE 2016

Snow Island to Sebasco Harbor

21 June 2015
Cathy
It was beautiful morning for a dinghy ride around Quahog Bay. This has to be the perfect Maine spot; we will have to come back to Snow Island again someday. The wind was picking up, so we pulled up the anchor and headed to Sebasco Harbor Resorts. It was a short ride, just down the bay and hang a left through all the ledges to the other side of Harbor Island.

Picking up the mooring in this harbor was different from any I have done in the past. The ball was just a lightweight rubber ball that I had to hoist up onto the boat to get at the pennant to wrap around the cleat on the boat. I let Denise know what to expect so she was not surprised like I was.

The wind was really picking up, glad to be on a mooring. Once on land, it was warmer and the resort was so nice. We checked in and walked around the grounds. The resort has two restaurants, a fitness center, pool, spa, golf course and many cottages and rooms. We had a drink at the bar and headed back to Wildflower where we proceeded to rock and roll all night in the heavy winds and waves. Troy was the only one who could sleep through all of it.

We woke to a gorgeous day; even Troy was out walking around the deck, licking dew off the boat and chasing bugs. We spotted the seal swimming around the boat again, poking his head up every few minutes. Troy is a seal point ragdoll cat and I think the seal likes Troy, as he has a gray face with whiskers, just like the seal.

Jack and Denise decided to head out today to Boothbay, and then onto Rockland while the weather is nice. We are staying here one more day, and then we will head to Freeport. We will meet up with them again in July up in Penobscot Bay.

We spent the afternoon walking and exploring, then a peaceful evening on board Wildflower with Troy. The harbor was very calm. We met a nice couple on the docks today. They take people out on sailing charters on their sailboat called Continga and harbor cruises on an old wooden tour boat called Ruth. We found out that they are members of the East Greenwich Yacht Club in Rhode Island. What a small world.

We are onto Freeport on Saturday. It should be a great travel day.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island